• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close - Warwickshire trail Essex by 481 runs with 8 wickets remaining

Essex First innings 541 for 9 wickets dec

Warwickshire First innings 60 for 2 wickets

I think Warwickshire are chasing a target of 392 to avoid the follow on.

I hope BBC Weather is wrong, as they forecast heavy showers between 9am - 1pm in Chelmsford on Thursday, So i'm hoping we make the most of Wednesday's play count....

...Taking 18 wickets in 2 days is no easy feat, if the storms come as predicted, trying to take 18 wickets in a day and a half may well be a bridge to far. If that is the case, fortunately (at this stage) Yorkshire and Hampshire currently have their backs against the wall also. So a draw may not be as bad as it could have been, in terms of damage limitation.

Last edited:
our bowling is very much our weaker bit.
Porter has all the tickets, Wagner and Harmer are averagine 40 and above with the ball. That's not a criticism of them, they have really tried hard and put some proper shifts in, but to win the title you need more than just Porter. Now without him we are playing the kdis, but now is their time to step up. Who'd have thought that J Porter would of done what he's done so fingers crossed.
I won't be happy with a draw but we might have to be

Big morning ahead.

Trott and Bell at the crease, but if we can get them both, I don't think the rest of their batting is up to much this season.

Then maybe a bit of spin on Day 4 to finish them off.

Where's Acfield and East when you need them!

Those were the days the Cambridge Man Acfield and The Clown Prince East at the other end.

Big morning I agree Andy, shame Porter not fit

That's the big wicket!

our bowling is very much our weaker bit.
Porter has all the tickets, Wagner and Harmer are averagine 40 and above with the ball. That's not a criticism of them, they have really tried hard and put some proper shifts in, but to win the title you need more than just Porter. Now without him we are playing the kdis, but now is their time to step up. Who'd have thought that J Porter would of done what he's done so fingers crossed.
I won't be happy with a draw but we might have to be

No, that's Merv Hughes

Those were the days the Cambridge Man Acfield and The Clown Prince East at the other end.

Big morning I agree Andy, shame Porter not fit

Porter is unavailable as he's with the Lions.

Good morning session, I think.

We need 3 wickets per session now, for the rest of the match.

Assuming we can restrict Warwickshire enough, to enforce the follow-on.

Top effort by Lancs and Hampshire and Middx v. Yorks.

Think we'll still be top, even with a draw.

Good morning session, I think.

We need 3 wickets per session now, for the rest of the match.

Assuming we can restrict Warwickshire enough, to enforce the follow-on.

Top effort by Lancs and Hampshire and Middx v. Yorks.

Think we'll still be top, even with a draw.

Won't that leave us a wicket short:omg:

It will, but you can't take 3.2 wickets per session and you don't need as many as 4 wickets per session.

Also, we have to factor in someone retiring ill through heat exhaustion!

Yep, COYE!

Aiming to drive over tomorrow and see the closing stages!

80 overs bowled, 42 overs left in the day - Warwickshire 6 wickets down.

When we bowl them out do we enforce the follow-on or have a brief slog to give the bowlers a rest?

It's probably good timing that Amir replaces Wagner next match as he's going to be knackered by then!

80 overs bowled, 42 overs left in the day - Warwickshire 6 wickets down.

When we bowl them out do we enforce the follow-on or have a brief slog to give the bowlers a rest?

It's probably good timing that Amir replaces Wagner next match as he's going to be knackered by then!

With weather looking stormy to morrow, stick them back in (Well I would)

Seven down now! What is the Warwickshire tail like?

EDIT - just checked. 10 and 11 both have FC averages of under 10, albeit from a very small sample size in the case of Singh. No. 8 Barker's stats suggest he can bat a bit.

Meanwhile Dan Lawrence and Ben Foakes are leading a recovery for the Lions with a one run short of 50 partnership at tea in the unofficial test against South Africa A.

The Lions are 193/4.

That's the 3 wickets for that session! :thumbsup:

On 'Yorkshireblue's' point, I think we have to stick them in.

Even if we bowled them out in the next 10 overs, we'd still only need to bowl around 20 overs tonight, then we'll be fresh tomorrow.

Lancs finishing off any chance Hants had of winning and Yorks all but beaten.

A win tomorrow can seriously be good for us! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back