• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2020

Have Essex got any other bowlers?

Yep and delighted to see Aaron Beard pick up some wickets. I'm hoping he can replicate Sam Cook's success, when his emergence took Essex on another level.

Also keep an eye out for Ben Allinson. I'm interested to see how he progresses this season. Further down the production line is Jack Plom.

O.K. Guys. I'm not mad on cricket, but have always followed the Essex results. I don't mind watching the one day games involving Essex every now and again. They can get really good when it's close right at the end. The 4 day game, no chance of me watching. Harmer seems very special to me, even tho my knowledge is limited. Is he the best spinner in the World at the moment? as I've not heard of many spinners that get so many wickets in one match since the days of Shane Warne.

I've never seen George Garton before. Thought he looked too skinny and scrawny, but he's got Dan Lawrence and Sir Alastair Cook out. The Dan Lawrence ball looked to be a brute that bounced on him, then he beat Cook for pace and pinned him leg before. Fair play

I've never seen George Garton before. Thought he looked too skinny and scrawny, but he's got Dan Lawrence and Sir Alastair Cook out. The Dan Lawrence ball looked to be a brute that bounced on him, then he beat Cook for pace and pinned him leg before. Fair play
Long way to go, but Sussex's 194 is looking like a good score at the mo.

Garton's highly regarded by England and has been a regularly named for Lions tours and on their pace development squads. That ball to Lawrence was indeed a brute. I missed the Cook delivery.

We're in a spot of bother here.

Has Sam Cook been rotated or is he injured? Can't help but think that Quinn is not nearly the threat Cook is.

Think the only way we can win now is if we get Sussex out cheaply and have 50 or so overs to get under 200

time to take a draw and count our lucky stars. We batted poorly. We basically have the two best players in their roles in county cricket in Harmer and Cook. But otherwise we are a bit short. Nick Browne looked a test player a few years ago, his returns have tailed off massively. Lawrence still looks decent but the rest of the batting looks weak these days.
Still, Harmer could get another 8-for and Cook knocks off the runs and we win again. could happen

Garton's highly regarded by England and has been a regularly named for Lions tours and on their pace development squads. That ball to Lawrence was indeed a brute. I missed the Cook delivery.

We're in a spot of bother here.

Has Sam Cook been rotated or is he injured? Can't help but think that Quinn is not nearly the threat Cook is.
Yeah, that's why I paid close attention to his bowling. Closer attention than the camera sometimes! Looks decent to be fair. Bats at 8 as well.

Fingernails up to elbow....133 more required to win...8 wkts to go, SAC out...good bowling on dodgy wicket. COYE

Back