• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2020

On one hand our batting is poor. On the other, the team spirit and will to win is superb. Everyone does a bit and we are stronger as a collective. Luckily I finished at 5 so could watch the conclusion of the game. Phew!

Is Paul Walter now a batsmen who can turn his arm over if needed in all forms of the game?

Is Paul Walter now a batsmen who can turn his arm over if needed in all forms of the game?
Looks like it, although I think I'd prefer us chucking him the ball than Quinn. They'll both probably not do much but at 6ft7 I think Walter has potential to be headache to batsmen if he gets it right and I'd rather give him the experience. I haven't seen anything from Quinn since his injury problems to suggest he's good enough. It's a shame as he looked promising back in 2016 when he made his debut, but this season and last he has looked like a passenger.

Re Simon Harmer, anyone know why hes decided not to qualify for England?
Changes to Kolpak rules next season. He'll be an overseas player for us soon.

Sorry it's the daily fail, 1st one I found

Entertaining day, SAC batted well but without declarations and\or forfeits cannot foresee a result.

Not a great start to September with two T20 defeats, the same 11 fielded in both matches.

2 poor performances with bat and ball, not our year this time I feel. Bob Willis Trophy to come, maybe a different story.

Back