• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2020

Third T20 defeat in a row, the same 11 fielded in all 3 matches. Do we have any other player's who can play T20 ?

Pft, 2020 is toilet anyway. I'm more concerned whether our lack of batting points means we'll mug ourselves off and won't get through to the final in the red ball stuff.

Adam Wheater posts his highest score in 3 years on Day 2 versus Middlesex.

I was really worried our batting would lose us the vital points again. Wheater really came to the party. Can't believe how much his batting has fallen away, but we play on some seriously dodgy pitches these days. The final at Lords would be a very different matter. If we get there I'm seriously tempted to take some leave to watch

If Derbyshire fail to get to 200 runs and we win then we're in the final. I think

Lord's will be a great experience for the likes of Aaron Beard and Sam Cook.

I've seen Beard play at Lords before. I went with a mate who is/was a Middlesex member. Went in the pavilion, long room and all that. Fantastic place. It was that game that was rained off to a draw that we really should have lost the season we won the title unbeaten. Beard looked like a child then, looks proper now.
Final should be amazing. We play on proper graveyards for batting so would be great to see our players on a decent deck.
Hopefully I get some time off to watch it - knowing ECB it'll start on a Monday so no-one can watch

**** sake Essex. 144-1 we were with 8 overs to.

Managed to stumble over ourselfs for 22 for 6 off the next 27 balls

Last year's T20 run in the back end to end up as champions was as unlikely as Leicester winning the Prem a few years back. Essex's record either side of it is absolutely woeful. Really poor T20 side.

Back