• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2020

Need to make sure we don't have a big collapse. Hopefully we can get ahead of their first total. Should it be a draw, I believe the team with the highest first innings will be crowned champions. I hope it doesn't come to that, regardless of who wins.

Need to make sure we don't have a big collapse. Hopefully we can get ahead of their first total. Should it be a draw, I believe the team with the highest first innings will be crowned champions. I hope it doesn't come to that, regardless of who wins.
Yep that is correct, I think if we get over the 301 then we will end up with the trophy personally. Apparently the 1st innings is a max of 120 overs as well

Yes, 120 overs max. If we bat all 120 that will take us to lunch tomorrow.

Hope we can get to 300 and have 20 overs left to smash it around a bit

Get a lead and then we're fairly well set. We bowl better in second innings too.

Cracking stuff from Chef. And a brilliant dropping anchor innings from Westley up the other end!

I for one would have liked to have seen the trophy shared if the match is drawn.

I for one would have liked to have seen the trophy shared if the match is drawn.
it's shared if the first innings are level or not completed.
I've managed to spend a good bit of the game so far with it on one screen working on the other. Shame in a way I'm playing cricket both days this weekend, but I'll have the radio and I love cricket on the radio so not all bad.

End of innings and have a lead of 36 runs. Thought we could have pushed on a bit more then.

Just got this comment posted on the BBC Sport BWT commentary page. If we win the Trophy by drawing this match by dint of the first innings lead, I think it will be well deserved...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926-133654.png
    Screenshot_20200926-133654.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 11
Sounds like this one is going to be tight right till the very end. I played today so could only listen on the way down there, but they had a great start but we've massively come back into it.
I think it really shows the difference strengths of the groups. We've been battle hardened by playing first divisions sides plus Sussex while Somerset have smashed poor second division teams.
What a difference the pitch makes. We play on some very poor pitches for batting so can't make any scores. 337 is not actually a massive score but among the highest of the season seen by both sides

Back