• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

Essex 1st innings 435 all out
Hampshire innings 172 all out

Hampshire forced to follow on and trail Essex by 263 runs with 10 wickets remaining

Cracking effort from Essex to give us a real shot at winning this despite the first day being called off.

3 overs left tonight, would be great to nick one more out.

In less than joyous news, Essex are getting humiliated in Chelmsford, chasing Surrey's 351, we could only muster 126 (actually that score flatters us, i was fearing that it would look a lot worse when we were just 87-8).

Surrey have naturally enforced the follow on, and we are trailing by 225 runs, according to Dick Davies, we could well be facing our first innings defeat since 2013.

Edit: in other news, the Somerset V Lancashire match sounded cracking, it ended in a rare tie. I heard it's the first one in the Championship for 15 years (back in 2003) and only the dozenth time it's happened since cricket resumed after the end of world war 2.

Last edited:
:Thumbs up:
I Did not know that.

I like to think old Dicky didn't mention that part of the stat, due to his Essex county pride!!

In hindsight though, we could have done with a Somerset win, and put a bit of breathing space between ourselves and the teams below us, in case we implode further.

Innings defeat imminent. Still not out of relegation mire it would seem. Fingers crossed for one more win I reckon. COYE

Peter Siddle signed for 2 more seasons, happy with that, we really missed him when we had Wagner in for the middle part of the season.
A little sad to see Zaidi go, hope we have a plan and targets for white ball cricket next year

Started second innings well and got ourselves into a decent position so hopefully we can finish the job today

Back