• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

And over the line and back up to what you would like to think is a safe 3rd:Happy:

Should be safe and we have cook all season as well as siddle, hopefully (the aussies have called him up again).
I think we'll do alright in the championship next season, just hope we can add a couple of decent white ball players

Yep, safe as houses now especially with Yorkshire and Surrey winning. Ravi very disappointing again this season I’m afraid as was Tom Westley and Tendo cant go on forever either. Rather underwhelmed with Coles but a seam attack of Porter, Quinn and Siddle with Hamer as the slow bowler is as good as anything in the championship. Staying up was key and I’m optimistic for next season.

Unsurprisingly Fozzie is retiring. One of the greatest glovesman i have ever seen. Shame he did not go on to have a successful career with England but good for Essex. He will be missed.

He was unlucky that he’s main competition was Alec Stewart who happened to be one of England’s better batsman. Obviously I’m biased but I would have left Stewart to operate in top three (he was a fine new ball player) and gone with Fozzie to keep. Alas it was not to be but he has still had a fine career and widely regarded as the best glove man in the country.
I’d actually thought he’d already retired TBH.

Long way to go yet, remember... Essex have to bat! On a serious note, Porter is fantastic. Wonder when he will eventually get a game for England. Can't be too far away surely.

Long way to go yet, remember... Essex have to bat! On a serious note, Porter is fantastic. Wonder when he will eventually get a game for England. Can't be too far away surely.

Must be very close to a seat on the plane to Sri Lanka now:Smile:

I would hope so. if he keeps taking wickets like he always has done, i think it will be difficult for England to ignore him. Knowing England selectors though, they will probably take Darren Pattinson instead.

Back