• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

Don't like the sound of that, Ricky.

When I do go over there, I often aim for the last session as it's free to get in and you can normally get a space in the car park, as well.

£10.00 is a bit stiff and not great thinking, as it will put people off. Once I'm there, I'll buy a beer or two, so they get the money back.

It's only £15.00 for the whole day, so not sure where they work £10.00 from.

Don't like the sound of that, Ricky.

When I do go over there, I often aim for the last session as it's free to get in and you can normally get a space in the car park, as well.

£10.00 is a bit stiff and not great thinking, as it will put people off. Once I'm there, I'll buy a beer or two, so they get the money back.

It's only £15.00 for the whole day, so not sure where they work £10.00 from.

Exactly, I brought a couple of beers in that time. I have friends who went on the Friday and were charged and we saw people getting charged on the Saturday too (we walked round to the pavilion to get a San Miguel as they only do Fosters elsewhere in the ground). £10 is steep, wouldn't pay that for a couple of hours of county cricket

Cricket doesn't half shoot itself in its foot with nonsense like this.

I got into watching live cricket going along to Southchurch Park after school and getting in for free after tea. I've since spent what must be thousands of pounds on cricket over the years.

Dumping the Southend festival and charging for the evening session: it's almost as if they don't want to encourage more spectators.

If we donot sort out the batting not many:smile:
We said Foster/ Harmer innings would win the game, in what was a tough Saturday, Sunday was a delight to watch Porter bowl and the good work by Walters who was brilliant at keeping Lancs frustrated

Do think Westly/Lawrence/Porter could be on the radar for England, which will hurt us in the coming months, especially if Cook is also in mix which I suspect he will be

Great weekend of cricket and weather to match

Lawrence maybe but unlikely - def no for the other two. Appreciate Porter is taking wickets but he is more medium pace fodder which England have plenty of already.

Cricket doesn't half shoot itself in its foot with nonsense like this.

I got into watching live cricket going along to Southchurch Park after school and getting in for free after tea. I've since spent what must be thousands of pounds on cricket over the years.

Dumping the Southend festival and charging for the evening session: it's almost as if they don't want to encourage more spectators.

As well as Ilford and now Colchester as venues. Supposed to broaden the appeal no?

Lawrence maybe but unlikely - def no for the other two. Appreciate Porter is taking wickets but he is more medium pace fodder which England have plenty of already.

I do take your point S.A.M

But is this England fodder that hardly broke a poor Aussie batting line up only a few months ago

Leading wicket taker last season, started off not bad in first game he played, we need to blood them and this test series v Pakistan is the correct one to try and if he fails back into the graft of Championship, the frustration will be tried and tested bowlers who flatter to deceive when playing test matches and are part of the "inner circle" and then contracts for ODI are handed out and we lose the best up and coming players who forfeit 5 day for ODI contracts (And who can blame them)
I'm a believer and I love him as a player but Cook has to be questioned is his desire there for England any more, I'm sure he will say Yes, but there has to come a time when its "Thank you, but time to let a younger player through"

Sam Northeast is my player to watch this year on the Championship circuit

I'm very passionate we keep the 5 days alive, and maybe some say a dying breed, ODI great for a day out, but four/five days for the beautiful art and skill of batsmen v bowler any day of the week for me

UTE

Uncontested toss. We are bowling first.

Alastair Cook in for Varun Chopra
Sam Cook in for Paul Walter

Surprised with Walter as thought he bowled line and length v Yorkshire and a good foil for Porter

Still good luck to the youngster

Surprised with Walter as thought he bowled line and length v Yorkshire and a good foil for Porter

Still good luck to the youngster

No surprise to see Sam Cook in there. Last year he took 18 wickets in 4 matches (at 15.88), including winning the corresponding fixture last year v Hants after we followed on. He took 5-18 (including 4 of the top 5) as we skittled them for 76 when they were only chasing about 180. Tough to leave him out when fit and no reflection on Walter.

Great, two of our first three games of the season are going to be washout draws.. Test cricket in April..

Hampshire batting well, game will be a draw most likely though. Washout tomorrow

I remember years ago an April friendly against Cambridge University being abandoned because it was too cold. Ray East sporting gloves and a balaclava for the short time they were out there.

I remember years ago an April friendly against Cambridge University being abandoned because it was too cold. Ray East sporting gloves and a balaclava for the short time they were out there.

According to the Essex CCC Twitter feed, Siddle is bowling in a woolly hat!

Sounds tropical down there. Here in deepest Suffolk defo no play before lunch, 50 mph wind and torrential rain!!

According to the Essex CCC Twitter feed, Siddle is bowling in a woolly hat!

LOL .. Apparently seven fielders had them on, as well and there's 17 spectators outside watching it! :-

DcBmYVmXcAAkp1e.jpg

Wonder how much Hants want to win the game and declare twice giving us thee sessions to go for the runs
Currently 274-6

Yorkshire at home today. Be interesting to see if they play Root & Bairstow.

Of course, if they get on top, we can always flood the outfield and not bother mopping it up! :winking:

Back