• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

Blueronron

Manager
So we start our defence versus Yorkshire on April 13th 2018 at Headingley

First home game 20/4/18 v Lancs, so hopefully both Roses will have wilted

Andy T try and not bugger up the new topic for 2018 :winking::smile:

If we can and the English players that are in the squad, both Essex and English cricket looks healthy for the next few years

UTE

Whats the deal with Amir? Am i correct in thinking he is not our player anymore?

Whats the deal with Amir? Am i correct in thinking he is not our player anymore?

Correct but there is another announcement today, I'm assuming the overseas player for the rest of the season. The Siddle signing seems like cover for someone who'll be playing IPL

much love for Peter Siddle from me, quality player. Last season it seemed like we had a clear plan to have left arm fast bowlers who batted at 8-9 which in turn created foot holes for Harmer to use.
I wonder what the plan is this year

Good signing, that.

Real wholehearted cricketer and his size 12's will rough up just outside the off-stump for Harmer! :thumbsup:

Dimitri Mascarenhas been confirmed as assistant head coach. Should bring some nous into our one day.:thumbsup:

Not afraid to voice an opinion, once called England selector Geoff Miller " A Knob" on twitter :smile:

Some interesting facts
Scored the first ever century at Rose Bowl
First player to record a hat trick in T20
Holds the record for most runs scored in an T20 over for England v India (30, all scored off last five balls of the over)

UTE

e98f2fa2e5b60fe44ccfffbef5e9aff5

Took me a bit of Googling to work out what this was! :thumbsup:

:smile:

It's a Shane Warne commissioned mural. Dimi Mascharenas is sitting at the table on the right of the picture.

Info below :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pringsteen-Marilyn-Monroe-Angelina-Jolie.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...ucceeds-in-uniting-the-art-and-cricket-worlds

Sorry, wasn't being deliberately obscure. I just overestimated the notoriety of the mural.

I'm glad you found that Rusty Jackson article on it. I think that link is the closest I could have come to providing an explanation.

Back