• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Well done Essex, but how is Cricket being played on the day of the World Cup Final?
I think the schedule is very busy with so much cricket to fit in.I was at Essex yesterday and members can watch the world cup final and Wimbledon on screens provided.Plus the majority of people at county games are members so won't effect money through the gates too much

I think the schedule is very busy with so much cricket to fit in.I was at Essex yesterday and members can watch the world cup final and Wimbledon on screens provided.Plus the majority of people at county games are members so won't effect money through the gates too much

Yes, but I just think it's barmy as given the choice I'm sure the players, crowd and staff would rather be at home watching the World Cup Final live. I can't think of any other big sport that would do that. Imagine asking Southend United to play a game the same time as the football World Cup Final? It would never happen.

Yes, but I just think it's barmy as given the choice I'm sure the players, crowd and staff would rather be at home watching the World Cup Final live. I can't think of any other big sport that would do that. Imagine asking Southend United to play a game the same time as the football World Cup Final? It would never happen.
I agree with you that most people would rather watch the final but I think there is so much cricket to fit in with 3 formats be 4 next season! Plus it wasnt guaranteed England would make the final.Essex are going great so that's good! Crowd was small yesterday and be even smaller today

Somerset are in all kinds of manure against Yorkshire. The Yorkies posted over 500 first innings and Sommerset are currently 62 for 4.

And at lunch Somerset trail Yorkshire by 356 runs with 2 wickets remaining so things are certainly looking promising.

And at lunch Somerset trail Yorkshire by 356 runs with 2 wickets remaining so things are certainly looking promising.

324 All out, Yorkshire surely will enforce follow on

Essex 271 lead, be happy with 325 and make Warks work for the runs and without Porter so good for other bowlers to get in the act

383 lead so will surely put Warwickshire into bat for 20 overs or so tonight

Back