• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Tonight and Fridays 20 20 games look likely to fall victim to the weather.Least we will pick up a point or 2.Essex will have to issue a few refunds

Tonight and Fridays 20 20 games look likely to fall victim to the weather.Least we will pick up a point or 2.Essex will have to issue a few refunds

It kind of annoys me that we have sold out every game when we have treated the fans with such contempt in this competition.
Even more shocking is the fact Surrey are doing worse than us and I checked to see the ticket situation for our game at the Oval yesterday (I already have my tickets, it was for someone else) and it is sold out too!

It kind of annoys me that we have sold out every game when we have treated the fans with such contempt in this competition.
Even more shocking is the fact Surrey are doing worse than us and I checked to see the ticket situation for our game at the Oval yesterday (I already have my tickets, it was for someone else) and it is sold out too!
I think in Essexs case they know they will sell out as it's a good drink up for some fans and they are complacent to that.I agree with you we need to recruit better for the blast next season.Hope we can beat Kent in 4 day game and continue our title charge

I think in Essexs case they know they will sell out as it's a good drink up for some fans and they are complacent to that.I agree with you we need to recruit better for the blast next season.Hope we can beat Kent in 4 day game and continue our title charge

We need to either move to a bigger ground , or spread the game around the County during the season, cannot see how its a lost maker plenty as other counties do it

Chelmsford is quaint a bit like Roots Hall and we know what needs to happen there

We need to either move to a bigger ground , or spread the game around the County during the season, cannot see how its a lost maker plenty as other counties do it

Chelmsford is quaint a bit like Roots Hall and we know what needs to happen there
I like the idea of spreading games about but for whatever reason the club dont seem to want to do this.I was talking to a member who had followed us for years and he had seen us play at a number of grounds across the county over the years

I don't even think our recruitment has been that bad. Our squad selection has been though and the Amir debacle.

If we win the championship then its obviously a successful season regardless. I just hope we are better organised in that discipline and are working on a replacement for Siddle

I do like Chelmsford and I know there has been plans for some time to expand, they managed to do the housing development part but haven't heard anything about the new stand.

With the 100 ball franchise cricket coming I don't think we will need much bigger. T20s are the only games that sell out.

Living in Chelmsford means the games all being here suits me personally but I do think it is a bit unfair and they should have at least one alternative ground used in the season. I get that members may not want to travel but if you do one championship game and rotate it around the county it shouldn't bother the old boys too much. (sorry that last part was a bit sexist, I know young ladies like @tia are also members.

I don't even think our recruitment has been that bad. Our squad selection has been though and the Amir debacle.

If we win the championship then its obviously a successful season regardless. I just hope we are better organised in that discipline and are working on a replacement for Siddle
County championship is the most important to me.Yes Siddle will be missed but if we can get a few wins then title may be ours.Last game at Somerset could be very interesting

County championship is the most important to me.Yes Siddle will be missed but if we can get a few wins then title may be ours.Last game at Somerset could be very interesting

Yes I could be very tempted to take a couple of days in the west country the title rides on that game

We got a point last night and another poor forecast for tomorrow night too means the weather may be our best 20 20 player this season!

I think Ricky as a cricket supporter. I much prefer than football for loyalty/support, the supporters are a different breed to football

We all welcome winning, but its more of a day or T20 night out, you rarely hear cricket fans say sack the manager or get rid off a certain player, plus unlike football its a joy to watch Steve Smith, Kohli, AB etc for opposition even if giving us a pasting, can you imagine if an opposition scores 4 goals against us, its a case of ****e defence as what a wonderful player to watch

Anyway we are top of the league and want that pennant flying over the stand next season with League Champions

I think Ricky as a cricket supporter. I much prefer than football for loyalty/support, the supporters are a different breed to football

We all welcome winning, but its more of a day or T20 night out, you rarely hear cricket fans say sack the manager or get rid off a certain player, plus unlike football its a joy to watch Steve Smith, Kohli, AB etc for opposition even if giving us a pasting, can you imagine if an opposition scores 4 goals against us, its a case of ****e defence as what a wonderful player to watch

Anyway we are top of the league and want that pennant flying over the stand next season with League Champions

Yes I get your point, I have attended many games just to see an opposition player in action. I have seen Chris Gayle on numerous occasions now, ironically the 1st time I saw him was in Oz for WA Warriors (Pre Big Bash) and he was bowled out for single figures by Ryan Ten Doescate who was playing for Tasmania, Tendo also got a big score and finished MOTM. Why doesn't Tendo ever bowl now? Sorry I've gone off on a tangent.

I agree that you rarely hear cricket fans call for players to be dropped or managers to be sacked. When you do hear it you know that something is wrong, I've heard lots of unhappy voices on our team selection in t20 this year, particularly Shane Snater. It actually got to a point where I felt sorry for the lad as he is clearly not a professional cricketer and it must have been soul destroying to be toyed with the way he was by opposition batsmen.

I'm off to Canterbury this Sunday to watch the Championship game there. Anyone else going?
If there's a few going to Taunton and got space for another let me know. I've already booked the time off work but I haven't got anyone to go with

Just show where the money is?
Quit test cricket at just 27 !!!

Lucky to be in the game and bites the hand that feeds him, personally no great lost to us especially after last T20 game

Back