• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Another good knock from him tonight, 41 off 27 balls. Essex 189/6 off 20.

Need Hants to lose at Glamorgan, and Glam have racked up 215 in their 20 overs

A little bit cruel to say this given he's carried Essex for 2 years in this format, but Chopra cannot be the future in T20.

We have too many batsmen with strike rates of around 120. Only Tendo is a strong hitter and moving him to 4 is a positive step. Delport is a good signing given he scores at a quicker strike rate than most of our players. He should open with Lawrence, who has the most potential upside with a good SR, has all the shots and should benefit from having the field up in the first 6. I know he had a small stint at the top and failed a couple of years ago, but we should back him. We only need to look at the likes of Phil Salt and Tom Banton to see what talented kids can do with a run.

Ravi should be treated as the bowling all-rounder he now is in T20 but we lack other high SR options and need to play a WK, so we haven't any option but to bat him at 5-6. The less said about the bowling attack in this format, the better.

Short story: The balance of the T20 team needs a lot of fixing.
Trumpet blowing here but they dropped Chopra and moved Ravi to 6. Look what happened. Only slight deviation on the plan was that Westley opened and not Lawrence, but the latter has benefited greatly batting in the top 4.

We face the best side in it in the quarter final, but some effort to get there and I didn't see that coming. Hopefully neutral venue will be a leveller.

Kent absolutely gargled this. Won first 5 games so only needed 5 more points from 9 games to qualify. Two rain offs contribued 2 points and they still didn't get there. Brilliant.

Wednesday live on SKY I imagine. Look forward to that.
Be a tough game but just glad we are in last 8.Really enjoyed last nights game and shutting up Kent always a good thing.One of their fans a very vocal Jeremy Corbyn lookalike was certainly quieter at the end of the game

Be a tough game but just glad we are in last 8.Really enjoyed last nights game and shutting up Kent always a good thing.One of their fans a very vocal Jeremy Corbyn lookalike was certainly quieter at the end of the game
Or listening to Rob Key banging on about Zak Crawley.

Our quarter final is on Sky tonight but with no Amir I'm not very hopeful. I think we'll be replacing 4 overs of top class bowling with below average. Reckon we'll have to play both Porter and Beard and they really do go for runs in t20. Hope we are working on getting an overseas replacement for the championship and that is the reason we haven't bothered to replace Amir in the blast

Rain stopped play.Hopefully wont be for too long

Back