• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Get in there Essex! At finals day who would have thought that a few weeks ago

First time in T 20 we looked to have a balanced side imho

Yep, Delport has made a big difference at the top of the order whilst Lawrence and Westley have improved in this format and now have a game for T20. Whilst he didn't bat today I think Walter gives some late order depth and oomph as well and means those up the order don't have to play so conservatively. It obviously also helps that Ravi has found his T20 form - he's really been exceptional and probably the difference.

I'm still surprised that they extended Chopra - he doesn't fit in this side and doesn't fit in the Championship side either! Maybe that's with an eye on the Hundred when depth may be tested.

Finals day is sold out already apart from some hospitality.Id have thought they would have allocated some tickets to the four counties who made the finals days and let them sell them to members etc

Am very happy we made it through and credit to the team for getting over the line. We had an incredible amount of luck in this game!

- Moved to Durham
- Change of conditions from their innings to ours
- The Maxwell LBW (which wasn't LBW)
- The six that was pushed over the boundary at the end which should have been caught.

On the plus side we didn't really make any big mistakes, was definitely our day!

I'd like to see us replace Amir for finals day as the tournament so far has shown us several of our bowlers are expensive when we don't have helpful bowling conditions.

What a summer of cricket this has been as an Essex and England fan though

Finals day is sold out already apart from some hospitality.Id have thought they would have allocated some tickets to the four counties who made the finals days and let them sell them to members etc

It really doesn't make sense why they sell tuckets so early

It really doesn't make sense why they sell tuckets so early
I agree my pal who I go with said Final day tickets on sale at inflated prices on ticket sites and ballot for next season already open.Edgabston holds about 25000 so half of that divided among four counties in final would be better.Hospitality starting at £289 each is available!

I have it on good authority we have a whopping 750 tickets held back for members!

But what a great turn around in the blast. Definitely the form team going to it.....

I have it on good authority we have a whopping 750 tickets held back for members!

But what a great turn around in the blast. Definitely the form team going to it.....
Yeah that's not many tickets! I agree we go to the final in great form and although county championship is main priority to make finals day is fantastic

Back