• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Too early to say the title is slipping?

Yep, the team both on Championship and T20 have achieved more than I thought they would

As a ticket holder if someone would have predicted in Championship hunt and T20 finals I would have bitten off your hand

Not too bothered about Amir going, more upset Siddle got a call up

Wonder if Essex declare on 4 batting points, hoping Warks will give us a sporting run chase on day 4

Highly unlikely I think

Following on 1 down already. Need this draw as the points difference could be 8 or 15. COYE

Drifting along to a draw which means championship is still in our own hands.Easier said than done but win 2 games and we are champions and finals day of 20 20 too.We are in a position most counties will really envy

Even if it is only 8 points you are unlikely to catch up on bonus points alone, meaning we will probably have to match Somerset's result in our next game, and then beat them at Taunton.
Let's hope Ten Doeschate doesn't **** up the toss option at Taunton like he has done at Edgbaston.

Even if it is only 8 points you are unlikely to catch up on bonus points alone, meaning we will probably have to match Somerset's result in our next game, and then beat them at Taunton.
Let's hope Ten Doeschate doesn't **** up the toss option at Taunton like he has done at Edgbaston.

Seeing that batsmen dominated on all four days suggests Tendo gambled on nicking a few out early when bowling conditions were most favourable. Warwickshire batted for two days followed by Essex batting for two days including a fourth day pitch.
He’s captained us to two titles in three seasons so I wager his judgment of conditions is pretty sound.

Back