• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

If it carries on the way it's going Essex will go into the final match with a 12 point lead:

Essex get 23 for this match, making 220 in total.
Somerset get 3 points for this match, making 208 in total.

A couple days of rain, a draw and it's all over bar the shouting.

Surrey now 129-8 ( 6 for Harmer, 2 for Porter)

Incidentally, Abbots match figures of 17-86, are the best in FC since Jim Laker took 19 against Australia in 1956

Come on Essex, 20 overs to get 2 wickets.

(or Surrey to get 92 runs for Essex to have to bat again :Facepalm:)

Come on Essex, 10 overs to get 2 wickets.

(or Surrey to get 64 runs for Essex to have to bat again :Cry:)

Squeaky bum time. :Moon:

Update; Yes 1 wicket to go.

Gotcha with 4 balls to spare Surrey 181 all out

Essex win by an innings and 40 runs .

Harmer 58-7

Lots of rain forecast for Taunton next week so a draw looking very likely

Interesting to see how Tendo decides to play the toss. Lots of rain predicted on first day and fair amount due to come down on day two. I would opt to bowl first as it's likely only 50 overs or so would get bowled over first two days (maybe less) so come day three Somerset would still have to bat in their first innings with 20 Essex wickets still to get. So much time out of the game they would have to push hard taking risks they wouldn't normally do.
They have to win - we only need not to lose. To get up to the required 400-450 (looking only to bat once in game) the game would be close to tea on day three without Essex facing a ball. If they bowl us out twice from there then good luck to them.

Exactly my thoughts. Come on rain I say, it has been a deciding factor before in one of our title successes as I recall.

I think SAM you are right, the bowlers on both sides are very good and will decide the match if no rain

Pressure on Zummerset, wouldnt say choked v Hampshire and I expect they willnot see such exceptional bowling from one player again in a long while, but the never having won a title, home crowd, need to claw back 12 points and win will add to the pressure cooker atmosphere

Not a lover of seeing rain, but I think the way we have battled back in league and T20, I would be happy to see two days wiped off, seeing my Kent pals next week ,who are gutted re T20, best £ 25 I have lost when I backed them to win it, after that they never got a sniff at a result :Smile:

If Somerset turn us over, then they fully deserve the title whether in 2 ,3 4 days

If Somerset turn us over, then they fully deserve the title whether in 2 ,3 4 days

That's debatable. I would argue that if they turn us over they'll deserve to win the match. Even if that is the case Essex would still have lost less matches than them this season. It could be argued either way.

That's debatable. I would argue that if they turn us over they'll deserve to win the match. Even if that is the case Essex would still have lost less matches than them this season. It could be argued either way.

On that argument why bother with T20 success if we win as we won less games than Kent who failed to qualify at our expenses and Somerset who played more full games in T20, as we lost four to rain and they only lost one ?

The cricket season is always weather dependant and if we lose the the game, then I will offer my congrats to Somerset, rather them than Kent lol

Forecast for Monday is now over 70% chance of rain and over 50% chance on Tuesday.

I cant see much more than 2 days play to be honest.

Great in one way, that it favours Essex, but sad for cricket as it would of been a very interesting and tense 4 days.

On that argument why bother with T20 success if we win as we won less games than Kent who failed to qualify at our expenses and Somerset who played more full games in T20, as we lost four to rain and they only lost one ?

The cricket season is always weather dependant and if we lose the the game, then I will offer my congrats to Somerset, rather them than Kent lol

So will I. I'm just pointing out that it can be argued both ways.

Back