• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Pitch Doctor's
1f609.png

3193f931-a8c7-44ad-9411-6472df37fb49.jpg

Not sure how long there will be play, more rain on its way.

UpDate: Well that did not last a long, after 2 overs they are back off as the rain starts coming down again.

Still Essex 25-0

Jack Leach went close bowling against Alistair Cook for a good LBW shout, but the umpire do not give it. :Smile2:

According to commentator they need a wicket every 9 balls, a quick 60 then do it again!! Maybe not. Get that champers on ice.

126/6.Lost few quick wickets
As expected on this pitch, I expect the tail to go quite quickly too. Thy need to bat and get a quick 50 or so and we can waste time and then they need to get another 10 wickets. It won't happen.

As expected on this pitch, I expect the tail to go quite quickly too. Thy need to bat and get a quick 50 or so and we can waste time and then they need to get another 10 wickets. It won't happen.
The Sky commentators seem to think Somerset will just forfeit batting again even if they have a tiny lead and just put pressure on us

The Sky commentators seem to think Somerset will just forfeit batting again even if they have a tiny lead and just put pressure on us
Yeah I see that on cricinfo just after I posted. we are 70 behind now, add another 20 and that is suicide giving us 50 to chase. they would be better served having a 5 over slog IMO

It is raining wickets :Frustrated:

Essex 137-9

66 behind

Update

Essex 141 all out

62 behind

What will Somerset do now?

I'd send Wheater into open and to chase the runs.

They are being too passive. Clear some of the fielders around the bat.

Just like that from, appropriately enough, Wheater.

Yeah I see that on cricinfo just after I posted. we are 70 behind now, add another 20 and that is suicide giving us 50 to chase. they would be better served having a 5 over slog IMO
All out now.Somerset lead by 62

Somerset declare there second innings

So Essex to bat again and need 63 to win

Come on Essex win it in style.

Play MUST finish 17:30 pm

Back