• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

And out:Sad:

We go again Tuesday*

*Why not over the bank holiday weekend when people aren't at work?

No Chopra (presumably injured given his form) or Porter.

Chances for Walter and Quinn.

The dangerous Jason Roy has retired hurt, Ravi's run out Mark Stoneman and the Cook brothers* combined to remove Will Jacks who scored a T10 hundred earlier this year.

Surrey 73/2 (effectively 3 if Roy can't bat) off 13.4

*I know

Decent effort with the ball that, restricting Surrey to 278/8.

If you'd told me Roy had opened and was not out at the end I'd be fearing 400!

Excellent figures for Sam Cook and an important contribution with the ball from Dan Lawrence.

Will be interesting to see the batting order here. Will Walter open which will give us two left-handed openers when we only have, I think, two lefties in the side (that doesn't seem right, but who have I missed?)

3 wickets for 17 runs
4 wickets for 8 runs

giphy.gif

Was there yesterday and end of the day Surrey was the better team from top to bottom
Game was in the balance until Morkel produced a good spell and quelled any chance
Looking forward to Sunday v Hampshire and my player I like to watch Northeast

Was there yesterday and end of the day Surrey was the better team from top to bottom
Game was in the balance until Morkel produced a good spell and quelled any chance
Looking forward to Sunday v Hampshire and my player I like to watch Northeast

Good player and should be in the reckoning for England in the longer form but I hope he gets a first baller Sunday!

I was hoping the summer supporting Essex would be a contrast to the misery of supporting Southend, but looks like more of the same.

Let's hope England can deliver on their world cup Favouritism.

Interesting whilst waiting to play with Cook conversation, seems they have a three year plan and this is year one, so a building season a head.....

Trego was awesome again to day for Zommerset, hoping young Lawrence can get his eye in early, big score to chase, but there to get

Match reduced to 39 overs (3.00pm start)

Somerset 353 for 5 from 39 overs
Siddle 60-4

Essex yet to bat, and ONLY need 9.07 an over to win. :Smile2:

Watching match live on SKY

Update Essex 4-0 rain stops play.

Back