• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Sad to see Ravi go and all the best to him. Thanks for the memories.

Good to see that RTD has signed an extension.

Membership prices out and £185 for standard adult membership is good value for money I think.Lot of cricket and extra county game this season too

Is good price last season by time I factor in my 20 20 season ticket members discount my membership worked out about £110 and I visited about 13 times so less than a tenner a visit is great value for money to watch some great cricket

Membership prices out and £185 for standard adult membership is good value for money I think.Lot of cricket and extra county game this season too
Bargain if you are retired or have hours to suit, but for someone working 9-5 Monday to Friday it isn't so great. Especially when you are let in for nothing after tea on days you work.

Bargain if you are retired or have hours to suit, but for someone working 9-5 Monday to Friday it isn't so great. Especially when you are let in for nothing after tea on days you work.
I agree works out well for some people and if you have a 20 20 season ticket you dont have to do much cricket to get your moneys worth

Where do you get the idea from that we have an extra game?
We are still playing 14 championship games next season, some counties once and some twice.

Where do you get the idea from that we have an extra game?
We are still playing 14 championship games next season, some counties once and some twice.
Yeah your right I didn't know that there is going be same amount of games and a seeding system in place

So, if they had won that match I'm wondering if this would have happened.

Somerset have currently been docked points from next season for preparing a poor pitch against us in the title decider.

More on it here......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50466256

Interesting last paragraph:

Somerset accepted a pitch rating of "poor" was correct, but pleaded not guilty to a second element of the charge that the Taunton surface "was not the best quality pitch that Somerset was able to prepare for the match".

So are Somerset saying their home ground is so **** they can't prepare a better pitch? Or are they saying their groundsmen are so **** they can't prepare a better pitch?

:Hilarious:

Only 12 points this coming season, the other 12 held for two years

Not really much, just one rained off game in points difference, if the board thought it was poor then they should have thrown the book at them

I'd have thought all manner of ramifications would have surfaced if so.

I can't imagine Essex accepting it, had Somerset won the title in that match and it subsequently proved to be an "unfit" surface.

Yes, but the punishment process wouldn't have happened until well after Somerset had paraded the trophy in an open top bus.

Back