• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

We're three-quarters of the way through the One Day Cup league and are on course to finish with 3 wins and finish 7th. Our priority there needs to be to establish the right balance in the team. I think we're making some progress in this direction but aren't there yet.

Championship there's all to play for but I suspect we'll be looking more over our shoulder than seeking to regain our crown.

It’s the 1st of May - get a grip
Looking at the south group table it would take a herculean effort on our part to squeeze into the top 3 and qualify (I'm not actually sure it's possible?) and the past couple of years have told us that you can't lose a couple of games in the championship and expect to win it, so yeah it is May but we are pretty much out of the running for trophies in those two competitions.

Looking at the south group table it would take a herculean effort on our part to squeeze into the top 3 and qualify (I'm not actually sure it's possible?) and the past couple of years have told us that you can't lose a couple of games in the championship and expect to win it, so yeah it is May but we are pretty much out of the running for trophies in those two competitions.

We've only lost once in the Championship.

But that's probably enough as when we win it we prefer to go UNBEATEN

http://www.espncricinfo.com/table/s...7/specsavers-county-championship-division-one

Our last List A ODG for the forseeable future.

Shame. **** the ECB.

I'm not really a cricket fan, but I always look for the Essex results. What's happening with them this season? I thought they were meant to be better with Cook being able to play more. Is it the bowlers, the batting, or both?

I'm not really a cricket fan, but I always look for the Essex results. What's happening with them this season? I thought they were meant to be better with Cook being able to play more. Is it the bowlers, the batting, or both?

A bit of both. Only Chopra has really done well batting wise. Siddle and Coles, I think, have done okay bowling but we're not getting as much from others. We also have trouble closing out games. We're set up more for the long form but, it's unlikely we'll win that this year.

Shrimper has hit the nail on the head, we have got ourselves in so many winning positions and managed to lose

Cook has not shined as well as people expected, again got himself in and to get out before a big score.
Bowlers have been ok,but again frozen at the big moment, still early days in season, the T20 I don't think we have the players when you look at Surrey , Hampshire and Somerset but happy to be proven wrong

The league you need a bit of luck, other teams to get rained off and us to pick up maximum points to get back in the race

Going pretty well today got Notts 146/6 on day one of the county championship

Going pretty well today got Notts 146/6 on day one of the county championship

Got to be happy with reducing Notts to 164/7 after losing the toss and being asked to field.

Hopefully we can quickly wrap up the tail.

Broad is in at number 9 and batting well.Be good to get them out for under 200

Broad has started well getting rid of Cook and Westley.Browne is marching on

Back