• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex County Cricket 2011 Season

How do you wish to discuss Essex cricket this year ?

• New match thread every game plus news threads as and when

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Northeast on 22*, he's another highly rated young player.

I've been banging the Northeast drum for a couple of years now. I first saw him at Lord's in a Harrow v. Eton game, and he batted with the sort of other-worldliness that set him light-years apart from the other competitors in that game. If he continues to progress, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would be good enough to play for England.

Matt

That should be as good as all out as Charlie Shreck is an abysmal batsman.

We're talking Chris Martin standard.

Nice. WICKET: Chambers with another to dismiss Shreck for 4. Kent 247 all out. Chambers 3-51, Masters 3-64, Topley 2-68, Phillips 1-20.

They fall just short of a 2nd batting point too.

Nice. WICKET: Chambers with another to dismiss Shreck for 4. Kent 247 all out. Chambers 3-51, Masters 3-64, Topley 2-68, Phillips 1-20.

They fall just short of a 2nd batting point too.

You know I said Shreck was bad with the bat, well he's reached double figures in first class cricket on just four more occasions than I have, and I've yet to play first class cricket and this is his 86th first class appearance.

Good bowler mind.

Got on Kent to win at 1.55. Can't see Essex pulling back from this, would require something special.

I've been banging the Northeast drum for a couple of years now. I first saw him at Lord's in a Harrow v. Eton game, and he batted with the sort of other-worldliness that set him light-years apart from the other competitors in that game. If he continues to progress, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would be good enough to play for England.

Matt

old_fashioned_cricket_8.jpg

Jolly good shot old chap.

Glass of pimms anyone?

Back