• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2013

Essex sign aussie Rob Quinney as their main overseas player for the forthcoming season. Following a pair on Test debut for the aussies his chances of playing in the summers ashes season appear to be a as good as over

Essex sign aussie Rob Quinney as their main overseas player for the forthcoming season. Following a pair on Test debut for the aussies his chances of playing in the summers ashes season appear to be a as good as over

Great stuff - Goochie got a pair on his Test debut. Didn't do him too much harm!

There is no money in the County game which is a major problem. This stadium upgrade is taking as long as Fossets Farm!! :blush:

Great stuff - Goochie got a pair on his Test debut. Didn't do him too much harm!

True enough but obviously not in their plans as he has signed for us. Looking forward to the aussies getting stuffed again this summer with the bonus of them getting stuffed again in the winter. More DVD's for my collection methinks!

True enough but obviously not in their plans as he has signed for us. Looking forward to the aussies getting stuffed again this summer with the bonus of them getting stuffed again in the winter. More DVD's for my collection methinks!

But, do you think the double ashes in a year is a bit OTT? Does it make the ashes lose its significance?

No RTS,Shah and Bopara potentially till the end of May due to the bloody IPL. Two of them are a big miss but Shah is a proper waste of space and money we haven't got.

No RTS,Shah and Bopara potentially till the end of May due to the bloody IPL. Two of them are a big miss but Shah is a proper waste of space and money we haven't got.

I think we get generously compensated when players go to the IPL. The issue is more that we then need to employ a bigger squad to cope with their absences. This would be a smaller issue if it wasn't during term time when the Uni students also aren't available.

I'm not sure all 3 will get gigs this year, but the uncertainty isn't good.

ps To those thinking Quiney is the new Gooch - he got 9 on debut. His pair was in his second - and possibly last - test.

I think we get generously compensated when players go to the IPL. The issue is more that we then need to employ a bigger squad to cope with their absences. This would be a smaller issue if it wasn't during term time when the Uni students also aren't available.

I'm not sure all 3 will get gigs this year, but the uncertainty isn't good.

ps To those thinking Quiney is the new Gooch - he got 9 on debut. His pair was in his second - and probably last - test.

Edited for accuracy.

Good news for Essex as Ravi is left on the shelf in the IPL auction.

I think our new CEO is being announced today.

According to my sources he's someone who is seen as someone able to see through the property development rather than from a cricket background. Ron Martin anyone?

A good v evil battle in the final of the Bangladeshi Premier League as RtD and Ravi Bo's Chittagong Kings take on Dhaka Gladiators featuring Darren Stevens of K*nt.

Bops has already dismissed danger man Kieron Pollard and as I type has just taken a catch to dismiss Shakib-al-Hasan.

C'mon Chittagong!

Ha! RtD catches Stevens who is out for 8 off 13.

God, I wish we could do that when we play K*nt.

Did Stevens bowl a spell of 4-2-5-2 at Bopara and RtD, dismissing both?

Usually how it works. 12-7-16-6 if it's a Championship game.

Another season languising me thinks at Essex. How do shrimpers feel about Larry?

Back