• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2021

Snater and Nijjar have come on leaps and bounds this season.

That was a cracking comeback and finish (although it probably shouldn't have been that close).

I’d thought of turning off but remembered Snater,down at ten,can wield a bat ! And what about his bowling? Another 4 wickets —he’s the country’s leading one-day cup wicket-taker.
Snater is still only 25 so by no means the finished article

I have to hold my hands up on Snater. When he first arrived on the scene a few years ago I wasn’t impressed and have him a bit of stick. But he’s really turned it around and has been very impressive this season.
Nijjar looks like a star in the making as well!

I have to hold my hands up on Snater. When he first arrived on the scene a few years ago I wasn’t impressed and have him a bit of stick. But he’s really turned it around and has been very impressive this season.
Nijjar looks like a star in the making as well!
I thought Snater must have some compromising pictures of someone, but he's really done well this season. Fair play. Nijjar i've liked for a while, I think he's a very decent bat too

Ronnie Irani stands down as chairman of the cricket committee.

I remember remarking when he was appointed that this could either be an unmitigated disaster or an inspired move. It was emphatically the latter.

When you think of the mess we were in during the Grayson years to go from that to a dynasty with five trophies in six years was beyond my wildest dreams. Add in his performances as a player and there's a strong argument that he would be on the Mount Rushmore of Essex CCC along with Fletcher, Gooch and Tonker Taylor.

Take a bow Ronnie.

Ronnie Irani stands down as chairman of the cricket committee.

I remember remarking when he was appointed that this could either be an unmitigated disaster or an inspired move. It was emphatically the latter.

When you think of the mess we were in during the Grayson years to go from that to a dynasty with five trophies in six years was beyond my wildest dreams. Add in his performances as a player and there's a strong argument that he would be on the Mount Rushmore of Essex CCC along with Fletcher, Gooch and Tonker Taylor.

Take a bow Ronnie.
To concentrate more on the football side of thing at bishop stortford football club:Thumbs up:

Sums our season up yesterday at Durham when Nick Browne plays a 50 over game and keeps wicket. I know Pepper is isolating but not sure what happened to Wheater and Bucks

I think Buttleman was left out and Wheater has to leave on personal reasons. Apparently Snater went off injured too!

Watched it on YouTube yesterday and to be honest we wasn't far off getting a result. Probably just one more batsmen getting a few more runs would have done it.

Reactions: ESG
Just got back from the Riverside ICG, Chester-le-Street after watching The Eagles in action

Essex made 321 a decent score against Sussex. Sussex currently 22/1 after 5 overs

Fantastic cameos from Wheater and Nijjar but the story was Rymell and Khushi with a century stand. Great to see the kids pushing on.
Agree Rymell and Khusi batted very well.Wheater and Nijjars innings were very entertaining

And Tendo rolled back the years with a 4 for to finish them off.

Essex tie their RL match at Old Trafford whilst Durham continue their fine form with a win

Back