• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2022

Noticed its the hundred wildcard draft today, every team can pick one player from the blast to add to their squad. Do we think we are in danger of losing anyone else who hasn't already been picked? I was thinking Pepper might be on some teams lists?

Noticed its the hundred wildcard draft today, every team can pick one player from the blast to add to their squad. Do we think we are in danger of losing anyone else who hasn't already been picked? I was thinking Pepper might be on some teams lists?
It’s hard to tell what the Hundred teams are looking for and whether they are actually looking at all 18 counties or just their feeder ones. Walter might also be on some lists with 370 runs at an average of 41.11 and a s/r of 155.5, particularly as he also offers a left arm bowling option as well.

It’s hard to tell what the Hundred teams are looking for and whether they are actually looking at all 18 counties or just their feeder ones. Walter might also be on some lists with 370 runs at an average of 41.11 and a s/r of 155.5, particularly as he also offers a left arm bowling option as well.
Good shout

Michael Pepper signed by Northern Superchargers as a replacement for Luke Wright.

Essex won’t mind that as he’s a fringe Championship player.

No Essex players picked up in the wildcards selection.

Michael Pepper signed by Northern Superchargers as a replacement for Luke Wright.

Essex won’t mind that as he’s a fringe Championship player.

No Essex players picked up in the wildcards selection.
I think it will be a loss as I'd expect he was going to be in the 50 over Cup team. Can't begrudge him a pay day though, he deserves it

Screenshot_20220708_120238_com.twitter.android.jpg
Looking at the comments from in the know lancs supporters they are expecting salt to be made available but unsure on others

Noticed that essex named a 14 man squad and that is the norm, a 13 man squad would suggest they are expecting 1 more?

Last edited:
Teams can name as many as they like I think. Surrey routinely name 16 for no good reason.

Got no ITK knowledge here but with Willey playing on Wednesday I'd expect to see Salt and Gleeson for Lancs tonight.

Oh well, wasn't to be. We got a good run though, won 6 out of 7 of our home games and broke our record score twice. Its been a good campaign, especially with the squad we have, a few unexpected faces have stepped up and you have to think that we are going to be in better position next year. We have improved massively from last season and there is a lot less tweaking needed now

Nice day at the cricket for me today for Essex V Gloucestershire.Great to see Jamie Porter back already took 2 wickets. Gloucestershire 19/2

Going to Oval Tuesday for first day, win for us this week and draw for Surrey will be suffice and set up a cracking game

Win should be on cards v Gloucs 71-3 second innings still 107 behind

Surrey chasing big first innings score, maybe a rain dance in Yorkshire tomorrow.Thursday lol

I know it is not Essex, but have you seen this final ball in the T20 Vitality Blast Hampshire v
Lancashire final?

Dreadful batting again. Need to sign an overseas batter for next season

Back