• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2022

Dreadful batting again. Need to sign an overseas batter for next season
So I watch the odd Essex game and keep hearing this word Batter, instead of Batsman. You saying it made me look into it, I see they have banned the word Batsman because it might upset some people. Dear oh dear. What is going on nowadays? Anyway, I have to go because Bob the milk person, has just delivered my milk.

Well, Surrey are firmly back in this now. Will be difficult to win from here

Essex making reasonable progress we need at least 150 to defend and hopefully put pressure on Surrey

Nearly had a ''The bowler's Holding...The batsman's Willey''...moment there, as the commentator said that ''Chris Watts at the Hayes Close End, is fairly erect''.

Solid start from Essex this morning 83/0. Cook and Browne look comfortable at the moment

Very good day at Chelmsford for us great to see Browne make his century

I watched the odd hour here and there, but it was like watching paint dry, with both teams bowlers struggling, and a batting wicket, but slow run rates, even with those short boundries. Then after all that, it's a draw. They mentioned the dwindling crowds in the 4 day game. They need to do something to make it more watchable.

Many miles away now, but being a former Essex member back in the Gooch, Fletcher, McEwan era I was really excited about being able to watch a live championship match on YouTube. What a disappointment it was, as an ealier post said, like watching paint dry. I have always preferred 'proper' cricket to the T20 version but seriously, this was the other extreme. Maybe they should revert to a three day game out of consideratiin for the paying spectator. This one had draw written all over it from day one and it was really hard to watch. So disapponting.

Watching this evenings game in The Hundred and see that our 4th choice keeper batsmen Michael Pepper has got the gig with the Northern whatever their called.

Back