• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2022

That’s what happens when you play on poor pitches.

Give the groundsman a chance to produce a better wicket by giving it more time to recover by resurrecting the Southend, Ilford and even Colchester festivals because it is Essex County Cricket Club not Chelmsford Cricket Club.

It’s not great resurrecting the county championship in September after a six week break. Not enough red ball cricket is played in the summer, these types of results would be less likely to happen in July or August. My concern is a lot of this is being done to accommodate the hundred, which is an abomination of a competition.

Lot of angry fans on social media yesterday.4 day games not lasting 2 days is a terrible advert for cricket and fans especially members will feel shortchanged

That’s what happens when you play on poor pitches.

Give the groundsman a chance to produce a better wicket by giving it more time to recover by resurrecting the Southend, Ilford and even Colchester festivals because it is Essex County Cricket Club not Chelmsford Cricket Club.
100 percent agree, loved the summer games over Southend/ Ilford and gave cricket a wider Essex audience

I liked the festival at Colchester but I don't think the club has any plans to reintroduce these.Its a shame as it connects the club around the county more.I was talking to a older member few years ago and he said he has seen us play at numerous venues over the years

Career best figures with bat and ball for Ben Allison. He also had a run out.

If he’s take a step forward (like Snater has) this could be a very important development for this Essex side.

Back