• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2022

Hampshire Hawks 150-6

Update Essex Eagles Win

Essex Eagles 152-2 with 6 overs and 2 runs remaining

Great atmosphere at Chelmsford last night, well worth braving the cold for! We were wondering if in the future Pepper might be in the same England team as Phil Salt for a Salt n Pepper partnership?

Back to the peoples republic of Chelmsford tonight, as Bumble always called it on t20 nights. Can we do the double over Kent??

Vitality Blast

Essex Eagles v Kent Spitfires 7th June 7.00.pm start

Essex win toss and elect to bowl

Live Stream

Good night at Chelmsford, 2 home games 2 wins so far. Must say I am loving my membership privileges, no queues for beers in the pavilion, no queues for toilets in the pavilion, you don't miss any cricket. Also had Goochie coming round the pavilion benches for a chat last night.

Away tonight at Hampshire before another home game on Friday, would be good to keep ourselves in the hunt for a quarter final place

Surprised at how well Essex have done so far. IMO we have the worst T20 side in the South group.

Surprised at how well Essex have done so far. IMO we have the worst T20 side in the South group.
I think i'd have to agree, on paper we aren't good. Surrey and Somerset look a shoe in for top 2, Kent have surprised me with their underperformance and we have the double over them already. Sussex also seem to be performing well below what you'd expect from that team, although they have Rashid Khan coming soon. I think we have a chance of nicking a top 4 spot. The year we won it we were nowhere near as good as a few teams but we nicked a qualifying spot, had a mad quarter final at a freezing cold Durham where conditions played their part and then got a rank turner for finals day that was Simon Harmer's wet dream

I think i'd have to agree, on paper we aren't good. Surrey and Somerset look a shoe in for top 2, Kent have surprised me with their underperformance and we have the double over them already. Sussex also seem to be performing well below what you'd expect from that team, although they have Rashid Khan coming soon. I think we have a chance of nicking a top 4 spot. The year we won it we were nowhere near as good as a few teams but we nicked a qualifying spot, had a mad quarter final at a freezing cold Durham where conditions played their part and then got a rank turner for finals day that was Simon Harmer's wet dream
Agreed, I had this down as transitional season but they have competed well.

I think Surrey, Somerset, Gloucestershire and one other make it. Sussex, Middlesex, Glamorgan and Kent all have batting issues. Hampshire are the ones I fancy to get into QFs with the other three but if Essex win tonight they'll have a lovely buffer.

Haven’t watched much this year or got as far as looking at a table but in the South the teams all look pretty underwhelming on paper outside of Surrey. Somerset are a bunch of journeymen - what’s meh in a South African accent?; Sussex have a weird mix of young unfulfilled talent and past their prime names; Middlesex are perennially under achievers who look even weaker this year; K*nt don’t look much; Glamorgan are maybe ok; Gloucestershire should give you a contest but shouldn’t be keeping you up at night; Hants look probably the second best team in the group on paper but some way behind Surrey. Essex should have a decent chance of getting out of the group - they might have the best spin attack with Harmer, Nijjar and Critchley able to offer 12 overs (16 if Lawrence is fit) of slow stuff. Add in Cook and some seamers and that’s a decent bowling attack. Batting looks a little hit and miss but there seem to be a few more cards to play than in previous years even if we’re missing a gun batter.

North looks much stronger: Lancs should be competitive; Yorks have a lot of talent; Warwickshire look a decent outfit; Notts have lots of potential match winners which makes them dangerous. Northants are tricky in this format; Durham have a good seam attack albeit they look like they’ll struggle for runs; Worcs would be very dangerous if their batters (eg Moeen, Pollock, Munro) get hot at the right time. Would be surprised if Leics or Derbyshire featured much.

Vitality Blast

Hampshire Hawks v Essex Eagles 9th June Start 7.00pm.

Hampshire win toss and choose to bat.

Live Stream

Haven’t watched much this year or got as far as looking at a table but in the South the teams all look pretty underwhelming on paper outside of Surrey. Somerset are a bunch of journeymen - what’s meh in a South African accent?; Sussex have a weird mix of young unfulfilled talent and past their prime names; Middlesex are perennially under achievers who look even weaker this year; K*nt don’t look much; Glamorgan are maybe ok; Gloucestershire should give you a contest but shouldn’t be keeping you up at night; Hants look probably the second best team in the group on paper but some way behind Surrey. Essex should have a decent chance of getting out of the group - they might have the best spin attack with Harmer, Nijjar and Critchley able to offer 12 overs (16 if Lawrence is fit) of slow stuff. Add in Cook and some seamers and that’s a decent bowling attack. Batting looks a little hit and miss but there seem to be a few more cards to play than in previous years even if we’re missing a gun batter.

North looks much stronger: Lancs should be competitive; Yorks have a lot of talent; Warwickshire look a decent outfit; Notts have lots of potential match winners which makes them dangerous. Northants are tricky in this format; Durham have a good seam attack albeit they look like they’ll struggle for runs; Worcs would be very dangerous if their batters (eg Moeen, Pollock, Munro) get hot at the right time. Would be surprised if Leics or Derbyshire featured much.
There's a real lack of power in the Essex batting which might explain Chelmsford being tougher to bat this year as a deliberate tactic. They got massively exposed at high-scoring Taunton where they hit only 3 sixes and got demolished.

Agreed that the usually strong South is weaker this year.

Back