• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
The U14 football team my son plays for had a game abandoned by the ref in late November 8 minutes before the end of the game because the opposition manger threatened the ref and the ref wasn't going to accept being threatened. We all heard the manager threaten the ref so we know it happened.

We were leading 2-1 at the time so expected to be given the game considering the circumstances and the fact that over 75% of the game had been played.

The FA have ruled the game needs to be replayed as they found the case against the other team not proven so they conclude neither team is responsible for the game being abandoned.

What a load of old bollocks. Not only do the boys have to play a game they had all but won already but what it tells the manager of the other team is that it is deemed acceptable by the FA to threaten people.

The big thing on junior football is Respect, but clearly the FA aren't interested in backing this up with action

Very odd, in my experience the ref's report is pretty much gospel when these cases are heard. I'm sure the ref would have said that was the reason for the abandonment in his report?

Very odd, in my experience the ref's report is pretty much gospel when these cases are heard. I'm sure the ref would have said that was the reason for the abandonment in his report?

That's what I'd have thought. I'm actually shocked by the decision to be honest. Be interesting to see if they use that same ref for the replayed game. I know he refs at that particular ground regularly

Make the score 2-1 in the first minute, then spend the other 89 discussing the plot holes in Rogue One. That's sticking it to the man.

The U14 football team my son plays for had a game abandoned by the ref in late November 8 minutes before the end of the game because the opposition manger threatened the ref and the ref wasn't going to accept being threatened. We all heard the manager threaten the ref so we know it happened.

We were leading 2-1 at the time so expected to be given the game considering the circumstances and the fact that over 75% of the game had been played.

The FA have ruled the game needs to be replayed as they found the case against the other team not proven so they conclude neither team is responsible for the game being abandoned.

What a load of old bollocks. Not only do the boys have to play a game they had all but won already but what it tells the manager of the other team is that it is deemed acceptable by the FA to threaten people.

The big thing on junior football is Respect, but clearly the FA aren't interested in backing this up with action

Following on from your initial post, I'm sure this is something you can relate to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38752900

Very strange..but you cannot blame the kids team for the actions of the manager....he should have been sacked from being gaffer or forced to step down.

Slightly off topic, as it has nothing to do with the Essex Fa, but the FA in general.

It seems to me that the only time the FA act on cases is in high profile events with the media highlighting cases etc, the further we go down the lower leagues, the less they react to incidents.

Just seen that Wenger has received a 4 match touchline ban & a £25,000 fine for his behavior last week, now i'm pretty sure if that was the Pitsea V Maldon game for example, no action would have been taken by the Fa, and they would have just brushed it under the carpet so to speak.

Some parents are rather nuts.......remember a game back in 2011 circa....one side of the pitch was a gobby son and father team aged 25 and 50 respectively ..the other side was a very quiet dad just cheering on his kid,his kid committed a foul which had the gobby pair going ballistic...the quiet guy became the ultimate fighting machine,he blasted out the younger guy and near on killed the father.

Remember encourage and enjoy the game win lose or draw.

What worries me about that article is the quote “It is a children’s football match and these things happen all the time"

Quite worrying if they do......

I have been threatened this season, funnily enough by a dad of the same team that the manager threatened the ref. Turns out his son was running the line and he was a little less than fair with the flag. However, when one of our players was on the floor and he told one of their teams players to 'kick him in the head' I told him to wind his neck in and show some respect. Immediately his dad was in my face, chest puffed out telling me to follow him to the car park where I would get my head kicked in... Nice bunch

Back