• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Police Cars "ask" for Disel

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Essex Police Cars "ask" for Diesel

What a great advert across the country for the Essex Bobby!!!

The Essex police force is to fit its fleet of patrol cars with talking devices that give an audible reminder intended to prevent filling diesel vehicles with petrol.

Essex officers have filled up with the wrong fuel an astonishing 222 times over the last five years, resulting in a total repair bill of £42,000.

The device is activated by light when the fuel filler cap is opened, and repeats a recorded message stating ‘this is a diesel vehicle’ until turned off.

Can they fit another message saying....."go catch so villains"

Last edited:
I'm going to patent a similar device for Brazilian electricians or indeed anyone whith a swarthy complexion.

Last edited:
Mate I've lost count of the colleagues I have who've done the same with NR vehicles.

Mate I've lost count of the colleagues I have who've done the same with NR vehicles.

Thing is though mate.....your colleagues saying "sorry i am late for work boss but i filled the car with Diesel" Is probably more acceptable than a Traffic cop saying "sorry i let that 14 year old drunk car thief get away becasie i filled up with Disel....Again"

i know a copper and i must admit he would never win brain of britain,nice guy but as dopey as a brush.

Wasn't there a pitch for something similar on Dragons Den recently? Sounded like a good idea, and this just reinforces it.

Wasn't there a pitch for something similar on Dragons Den recently? Sounded like a good idea, and this just reinforces it.

That's right and didn't Peter Jones dismiss it as a daft idea saying what idiot would put the wrong fuel in his car.......

That will be the 222 Essex coppers Peter!!!!

Yes, I think so. What does he know, eh?

Never done it personally, but I know a few that have.

i heard about this on the news on the radio this morning. One of the head guys from the Essex police force stated "this happens because our officers have a lot on their minds just now"

just doesn't wash.

don't think they would accept a fireman saying "sorry sir, couldn't put out the fire, forgot to attach the hose to the water, i have a lot on my mind right now" !!!!!

story appeared in my local rag a few months ago,

lady dialed 999 as someone was kicking in her door,fearing for her safety she locked herself in the bathroom expecting plod to arrive.

which they did

sadly

the following day.

Supposed it's been a while since we had a moan. Can you see the background Spread picture in the chatroom now AS?

I think considering there are 3,230 (source - wikipedia) Police Officers in Essex, that accounts to less than 6.9% of Police Officers making a mistake(*assuming no PO's have made the same mistake twice).

I'd really really love to know if you guys have never made a 'silly' mistake in your job. Because I'd be damn sure you have !! If you fill up twice a week with your personal car, and then fill up once a month(*no idea) with the patrol car then it's just a "habit mistake".

Yes, it's a silly mistake, but there are a lot bigger mistakes in the world to be moaning about than this !!! :thump:

story appeared in my local rag a few months ago,

lady dialed 999 as someone was kicking in her door,fearing for her safety she locked herself in the bathroom expecting plod to arrive.

which they did

sadly

the following day.

Had to find a squad car that had not being ruined with Diesel!!!

We probably attend at least 2 contaminated fuel call outs every day of the week. Plenty of people do it, not just Essex Police.

Supposed it's been a while since we had a moan. Can you see the background Spread picture in the chatroom now AS?

I think considering there are 3,230 (source - wikipedia) Police Officers in Essex, that accounts to less than 6.9% of Police Officers making a mistake(*assuming no PO's have made the same mistake twice).

I'd really really love to know if you guys have never made a 'silly' mistake in your job. Because I'd be damn sure you have !! If you fill up twice a week with your personal car, and then fill up once a month(*no idea) with the patrol car then it's just a "habit mistake".

Yes, it's a silly mistake, but there are a lot bigger mistakes in the world to be moaning about than this !!! :thump:

I have got one mate!!!

Mr and Mrs Feltz made a huge ferking mistake about 46 years ago

Still no back drop i am afraid

Thing is.....you would have to work out how many traffic police there are in Essex, as i would imagine that not all of those 3,230 would ever be responsible for fuelling a police traffic car.....may raise the percentage a fair bit.

i heard about this on the news on the radio this morning. One of the head guys from the Essex police force stated "this happens because our officers have a lot on their minds just now"

just doesn't wash.

don't think they would accept a fireman saying "sorry sir, couldn't put out the fire, forgot to attach the hose to the water, i have a lot on my mind right now" !!!!!

Or, "oops, sorry. I attached the hose to diesel instead of water."

Back