• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex power list.

I think it's a shame when Towie "stars", I use the word stars loosely are in top 100

Shows how low we have become,when fake, wannabes are power listed

What it is based on I have no idea?
Michael Barrymore hasn't been able to get on TV for 10years but is ahead of Eddie Hearn who is promoting some of the biggest boxing matches in the world?
It doesn't seem to be about money and it doesn't seem to be about achievement, it doesn't even seem to be about perceived "fame". Very odd

HOW DOES IT WORK:

From June each year two teams of researchers begin curating and researching names for the list which are put forward to a panel of judges for consideration. This part of the process referred to as the “nominating process is open to the public who can submit their suggestions to the judges via submit@essexpower100.co.uk

From early September the judging panel begin scrutinising the list and place individuals put forward in order taking into consideration their achievements past and present.
Following which The President of EssexPower100 is advised of the final list by middle of October. After reviewing this, the list is published on the 27th of October.

Essex Power 100 is a trading style of Chatter Media, the list is governed by a consortium of 20 Essex businesses who govern the appointment of judges and the President for that year who presides over the list and supervises the judging process.

I wonder if one of the 20 businesses is owned by Tamplin? I can't see any other reason for him to be higher than a cabinet MP.

too serious perhaps, but surely James Brokenshire (the secretary of state for Northern Island) has more swagger than a second hand retired Z lister towie star.

Half of these I didn't know were from Essex so I looked up a couple - Shami Cakribarti born in Harrow - does she live in Essex? Lord Ashcroft - born in Sussex, lives in 'London, Maidenhead and Belize'! Rob Beckett - does he only qualify because he sounds like he is from Essex? [h=3][/h]

Back