• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Sen Cup - how did the legend that is Tilson do ?

The youth side of a professional football league team should be good enough to beat an amateur team - wow, what a condescending statement that is.....

:nope:

Isn't it on a par with the dismissive arrogance of Prem teams to us lower league fans that makes us mad though? The fact is that we don't actually know enough about how good Bowers and Gifford are, so the commrnt is massively condescending, we should know better.

The fact is that we don't actually know enough about how good Bowers and Gifford are, so the commrnt is massively condescending, we should know better.

To put everyone in the picture Bowers and Pitsea are slightly better than London APSA and slightly worse than Enfield 1893.

(Source Essex Senior league table)

To put everyone in the picture Bowers and Pitsea are slightly better than London APSA and slightly worse than Enfield 1893.

and this time next week our 1st team will be the strongest in League 1, we will be holding up the other 23 teams !

Was anyone impressive?

thought i'd pop along as only up the road to see what the future holds - what with admin / emabrgo and all that going on, possible stars of the future

£7 to get in was steep ! but nice atmosphere

the goal was quite comical joyce lashed the ball at the forward or one of our defenders and it rebounded into the net

overall i'd say we struggled, ball never stuck up top and midfield looked a bit light - defenders were busy and coped quite well

joyce - flapped a lot at crosses, at fault for the goal, kicking flakey
owinja - quick but lacks positional sense, good on overlap
clayton - big strong, lacks quality in pass, not a presence
whittaker - looked ok, organises well, put in good tackles
osifuwa - pacy, lacked confidence, linked well going forward
tilson - cant knock him he's a god
merrick-lewis - faffed about a lot with the ball without doing much, busy
milner - quick, lacked end product
asante - very quick, unsettles defenders, raw
crawford - worked hard, always willing target
calver - worked hard, first touch poor, lacks pace

cant comment on subs, sorry

all in all i thought tactically we got it wrong, with a team full pace we rarely got in behind them, no point punting high to the forwards the bowers centre backs lap up that, midfield lacked any urgency

there is potential in the team but as someone else pointed out you would have thought they would have run through walls to impress, whittaker in last few mins was till busting a gut to get forward after going to 3 at the back and until his injury i thought crawford never gave up the fight

thats all folks !

Everyone is better than London APSA they are only kept in the league every season because the FA are so keen on "diversity". Its not a racist dig before anyone starts, anyone who has played at that level will tell you the same thing, they are awful!

saying that, London APSA beat Pitsea and Bowers 3 weeks ago in the league

Despite this slightly worrying result what with our problems, I don't see why the likes of Clayton, James-Lewis and Calver shouldn't be included on the bench tomorrow night. Surely we need to integrate them in case they're needed...

The youth side of a professional football league team should be good enough to beat an amateur team - wow, what a condescending statement that is.....

:nope:

3 seasons ago I was playing in the same side as one of B&P's midfielders and nutmegged him in training - so that must make SZII better than the Southend and Arsenal Youth, which in turn, makes us AS good as the liverpool first team

I'm not going to get my wish, although there will be a new youth face on the bench tonight. I could do the guessing game, but I won't! First year scholar Julian Okai has "made the grade" for tonight and will be on the bench.

I'm not going to get my wish, although there will be a new youth face on the bench tonight. I could do the guessing game, but I won't! First year scholar Julian Okai has "made the grade" for tonight and will be on the bench.

By made the grade do you mean 'managed to wash his own kit,print his own number on his shirt and shorts,find his boots and turn up at the right time at the right ground!':D

Isn't it on a par with the dismissive arrogance of Prem teams to us lower league fans that makes us mad though? The fact is that we don't actually know enough about how good Bowers and Gifford are, so the commrnt is massively condescending, we should know better.

I disagree.

The statements from both Alex and myself included the word 'should'. I don't think it's condescending at all to say that our youths should be good enough to beat them, like I wouldn't take offence to a Prem team saying their reserves should beat us. If anyone had said of our youths that they are good enough then that, for me, would be where it becomes condescending.

I disagree.

The statements from both Alex and myself included the word 'should'. I don't think it's condescending at all to say that our youths should be good enough to beat them, like I wouldn't take offence to a Prem team saying their reserves should beat us. If anyone had said of our youths that they are good enough then that, for me, would be where it becomes condescending.

and what makes you assume you 'should' beat Essex Senior League teams?

Back