• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Essex Senior Cup Quarter Final - Billericay Town vs Southend United U23's

Not sure the legality and how to word this so mods feel free to delete if this is not acceptable.

there are RUMOURS I have heard from a good few sources that Tamplin just disappears and goes on massive benders abroad and this is not the 1st time this has happened. The club and his associates then have to spin a line about why he is not about, allegedly he did the same thing in Thailand last season. I have no idea how true this is.

From what I have been told its more a case of hide and seek, rather than burnout.

I have just been told its £13 to get in. So I wont be going. Nor will the lad I was heading over with or the 3 people we were meeting there.

From what I have been told its more a case of hide and seek, rather than burnout.

I have just been told its £13 to get in. So I wont be going. Nor will the lad I was heading over with or the 3 people we were meeting there.
Totally agree; £13 quid is a joke!

Was going to head over too, but not at that price.

FWIW: I saw the 1st half of the Youth game on Saturday, no charge to get into B&L. Now that is good value!

Here’s our team for anyone interested

Smith, Howard (c), Clifford, Pianim, Curran, Knock, Batlokwa, Klass, Acquah, Wabo, Phillips.
Subs: Bexon, Kinali, Ba, Mitchell-Nelson, Stewart.

I wouldn't line that mug tamplins pockets.

Fella is a joke.

Help me out here. At considerable personal expense, he has provided an excellent ground with good facilities. He has invested (some would say over-invested) in players and continues to fund players, albeit at a lower level now than was the case previously. Obviously, on the face of it, he is not necessarily the most appealing of personalities but how exactly do you think paying a few quid to watch a County Cup tie is "lining his pockets" ?

I appreciate some people have to have someone to hate, but how has Tamplin a) done you any harm and b) done football any harm (other than his attempts at team management!, which he has thankfully grown out of) ?

If you didn't want to go, that's understandable, but that's not the best of excuses.

Totally agree; £13 quid is a joke!

Was going to head over too, but not at that price.

FWIW: I saw the 1st half of the Youth game on Saturday, no charge to get into B&L. Now that is good value!

That is their standard admission price for first team matches and less than that charged, local-ish, by Chelmsford, Dartford and St Albans at National League South level although Chelmsford reduces to £13 if bought online in advance. Concord Rangers and East Thurrock are better value.

Last edited:
I was surprised they didn't reduce admission, seeing as it was an ESC match, in the same way we reduced prices for the Check-A-Trade and the FA Cup home matches recently.

I was surprised they didn't reduce admission, seeing as it was an ESC match, in the same way we reduced prices for the Check-A-Trade and the FA Cup home matches recently.
And that’s why only 528 fans turned up.

Would they have got more than 1,056 at £6.50 ? Maybe with the ancillary takings it might have been better ...... or it might have been worse. Who knows ?

Not sure, Mick, but certainly the ancillary sales would have been up in bar takings and the fella with his curry and rice would be a lot happier.

As you say, who knows. Personally, it put me and a few other off who were 50/50 calls.

I certainly didn't pay £13 last season, not sure what the crowd was then. What were the previous prices for a ESC and why should it go up because its our youth team.

I didn't go to Col U for the same reason. Its not the money, I didn't go to Bury a few years back even though I had complementary tickets. If you remember they reduced it to £5......For home fans only. Some well deserving Shrimpers enjoyed my seats for the evening.

What I will say is that I couldn't care less about who or what Tamplin is and whilst one side of the argument is. Who cares if he wastes his money, local football is the winner. Their is always a knock on effect in any business if money is pumped in carelessly but as we know its always worse with football. I'm not talking infrastructure. I mean silly wages. Even in the Essex Senior, some players think they are superstars and should be on serious money......More than some of our lads who have been on the bench this season.

Help me out here. At considerable personal expense, he has provided an excellent ground with good facilities. He has invested (some would say over-invested) in players and continues to fund players, albeit at a lower level now than was the case previously. Obviously, on the face of it, he is not necessarily the most appealing of personalities but how exactly do you think paying a few quid to watch a County Cup tie is "lining his pockets" ?

I appreciate some people have to have someone to hate, but how has Tamplin a) done you any harm and b) done football any harm (other than his attempts at team management!, which he has thankfully grown out of) ?

If you didn't want to go, that's understandable, but that's not the best of excuses.

Personal expense?? More likely at HMRC's expense it could so easily be said....

Clearly,high admission prices putting off a few Southend fans shouldn’t bother Billericay,but if potential home regulars also decided against,then they’ve made a big mistake.
Billericay fans there last night?-small numbers and brains,big mouths-I’m hoping to see them get a come-uppance at Concord on Saturday.
As for the game,I was disappointed that Hyam,White,Hutchinson and even,at this level,Robinson weren’t involved and more disappointed at the overall showing:
Some good moves but some dismal defending.Those who get discussed on here:
Klass-some size and strength make him better than others.
Acquah-his size and strength don’t.
Batlowka-just occasional flashes.
Wabo-started promisingly,good run led to goal through their keeper.
Smith-some fine diving saves,but probably at fault with a couple of their goals-kicking was poor.
Ba-brought on late-didn’t threaten.
To sum up-no-one approaching League One standard.

I certainly didn't pay £13 last season, not sure what the crowd was then. What were the previous prices for a ESC and why should it go up because its our youth team

It didn’t go up at all! This is the standard price to watch Conference South football! Last season Billericay were in Bostik Prem so that would’ve been cheaper!!

Both Harlow and Waltham charged standard home prices

In fairness Zeus’s if White, Robinson etc had picked up serious injuries the forum would be up in arms
Think Powell has made many errors this season but that is one smart move to keep them out of danger of injury

It didn’t go up at all! This is the standard price to watch Conference South football! Last season Billericay were in Bostik Prem so that would’ve been cheaper!!

Both Harlow and Waltham charged standard home prices

It was not a Conferance South fixture. We wouldn’t charge L1 prices if we played at home and picked our first team, it would have still been only £5/8.

Waltham Abbey was £8

But if we drew Billaricay in the FA Cup we’d charge standard admission prices?

It doesn’t matter to them who they are playing. They play in the Conference South and as such charge that price for first team games....I don’t see a problem with it personally. I assume they also have overheads and staffing / stewarding costs etc?

£8 is standard admission for two leagues below Conference South! Harlow from memory was £10?

.... or has he? Another management team gone. The price of only beating our U23s by four goals !

Clearly,high admission prices putting off a few Southend fans shouldn’t bother Billericay,but if potential home regulars also decided against,then they’ve made a big mistake.
Billericay fans there last night?-small numbers ......

Comfortably the biggest crowd in the competition so far!

Back