• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Essex Senior Cup Quarter Final - Billericay Town vs Southend United U23's

But if we drew Billaricay in the FA Cup we’d charge standard admission prices?

It doesn’t matter to them who they are playing. They play in the Conference South and as such charge that price for first team games....I don’t see a problem with it personally. I assume they also have overheads and staffing / stewarding costs etc?

£8 is standard admission for two leagues below Conference South! Harlow from memory was £10?

No we wouldn't.

We didn't against Barnsley, no body does anymore in the FAC. At Crawley it was £5.

So I dont care what their overheads are. I chose not to go and so did several people I know and most would have treated as a social evening in the bar. Just like we have at other grounds when the youth play.

Yeah that’s fair enough I’m just saying I don’t have a problem with them charging their normal entrance fees and that they definitley didn’t raise them for this game

Yeah that’s fair enough I’m just saying I don’t have a problem with them charging their normal entrance fees and that they definitley didn’t raise them for this game

That was their choice but not a great business decision in January. Most would have said nothing if it was £8.....£10 would be the limit.....£13 was taking the p***. You can argue it isn't really in the grand scheme of things but its all down to peoples perception.

I am personally starting a new business venture on Monday. My prices are the cheapest they will be all year. Im pleased to say I have some good bookings to take me through to March.

But if we drew Billaricay in the FA Cup we’d charge standard admission prices?
I doubt we would charge standard admission prices.

The last time we charged normal admission prices for an early round game was the replay v Oxford in 2007. That resulted in one of our lowest ever home FA cup crowds I think it was something like 2,300.

Back