• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drobbo

Schoolboy
Essex Senior Cup tomorrow evening, just a thought, what would you prefer, to use this as yet another confidence boosting exercise for the 'first team', or give some of the youngsters a run out to see if they may be anywhere near ready?

As you may be able to tell by this - and my other posts - I am an advocate for seeing what the youngsters can do.

...............................Ted Smith
Jordan Williams..... Cian Bolger...Josh Banton...... Emmanuel Adeyeye
Ellis Brown..... Jack Bridge.... Connor Clifford.........Jack Payne
...................Isaac Layne..... Jason Williams

Subs Paul Smith, Adam Thompson, Jack Edwards, Myles Weston, Shaquile Coulthirst

Essex Senior Cup tomorrow evening, just a thought, what would you prefer, to use this as yet another confidence boosting exercise for the 'first team', or give some of the youngsters a run out to see if they may be anywhere near ready?

As you may be able to tell by this - and my other posts - I am an advocate for seeing what the youngsters can do.

A mixture. I think the only youngsters who should be tried are ones who are very close to the first team squad. If not, it should be first team players who need minutes/goals/confidence.

A mixture. I think the only youngsters who should be tried are ones who are very close to the first team squad. If not, it should be first team players who need minutes/goals/confidence.

Unless they lose or don't score of course!

It should be a mixture of youngsters and senior players who haven't featured much for the first-team recently (Hurst, Bolger, Coulthirst, Payne, Clifford and Paul Smith).

Ellis Brown..... Jack Bridge.... Connor Clifford.........Jack Payne
...................Isaac Layne..... Jason Williams

Subs Paul Smith, Adam Thompson, Jack Edwards, Myles Weston, Shaquile Coulthirst

Has left the club and is now with Billericay Town.

Confidence is rock bottom. The club needs to get out of this spiralling rut and this is the perfect chance to get our players used to playing well at Roots Hall and battering the opposition. Confidence breeds confidence, regardless of who we are playing against.

.........................................T.SMITH........................................
LEONARD............THOMPSON.......BOLGER.........ADEYEYE...........
HURST..............CLIFFORD............PAYNE............WESTON......
..................COOLTHIRST..........WILLIAMS...........................

BRIDGE, BROWN,LAYNE,P.SMITH,BANTON,

Also , is this Phil Brown's only chance of putting a trophy in our cabinet ?

Bit of both, youngsters will get better playing with better players around them.

"Yet another" makes it sound like a regular thing when there has only been 1 time it has happened.

Edit: Anyone going to this? Only £3 and can't be worse than Saturday :winking:

Bit of both, youngsters will get better playing with better players around them.

"Yet another" makes it sound like a regular thing when there has only been 1 time it has happened.

I bet it can, still a PB team, we will score early, sit back for 80 minutes, concede a late equalizer and lose on penalties, thus, losing the chance of winning the only trophy we are capable of this season.

The previous two cup games, Capital one and JPT where you'd expect a couple of youngsters to get a look in they didn't..at least one of them was to help with team confidence (didn't work as we lost both)...last development game (that I was 'corrected' to be told was a reserves game) ...youth hardly got a look in. That clearly didn't work either, the results since then are D/L/D. Just to add that PB himself spoke of the game being a development game.

I get frustrated at the limited number of games where the youth could be given the opportunity to show if they are ready without it impacting the table, they are being looked over because the first team aren't happy/gelling/confident. Maybe one or two of them can make a difference.

I bet it can, still a PB team, we will score early, sit back for 80 minutes, concede a late equalizer and lose on penalties, thus, losing the chance of winning the only trophy we are capable of this season.

I thought Coughlan took control of the development squad and there have been goals galore in previous games.

Well that's a new approach. Phil Brown asked his senior players who wanted to play tonight in the Essex Senior Cup at Roots Hall. Normally some players pushing for a first team place or coming back from injury are told they are playing. Cian Bolger, Conor Clifford, Jack Payne and Shaq Coulthirst all put their hands up. PB said that Shaq Coulthirst was particularly keen to play.

So the line up could be something like this;

Jack Bridge.... Connor Clifford.........Jack Payne....Jason Williams
...................Isaac Layne..... Shaq Coulthirst

Well that's a new approach. Phil Brown asked his senior players who wanted to play tonight in the Essex Senior Cup at Roots Hall. Normally some players pushing for a first team place or coming back from injury are told they are playing. Cian Bolger, Conor Clifford, Jack Payne and Shaq Coulthirst all put their hands up. PB said that Shaq Coulthirst was particularly keen to play.

Where did you hear that? Of all of PB's 'wacky' ideas this is one of the better ones.

That's not a bad line up but might need a bit more experience, perhaps on the bench, to see us through to next round if needs be?

Didn't Harlow beat us in this last season? See they are unbeaten at the top of Ryman North and top scorer Alex Read has scored 22 already this year

Back