• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex team of the decade

Baring in mind most good players tend to hang around for a few years, nothing in my eleven will surprise any of you. I'd be surprised in anyone picks anyone different TBH.

Anyway, for what it's worth...

Chef
Browne
Westley
Ravi
Lawrence
Tendo
Fozzie
Harmer
Napier
Masters
Porter

You will of course note that I haven't included an overseas player but I couldn't leave Napier or Masters out as they are close to legendry status at Chelmsford.
If I did have to pick one it would be out of Siddle, Jessie Ryder and Neil Wagner and the vote goes to Siddle. A superb bowler who our own seamers can hopefully learn so much from.

Can't really argue with your reasoning. Think I'd pick the same team as you for the championship. If it were T20 think I'd use both the overseas slots and line up:

Ryder
Chopra
Westley
Ravi
Lawrence
Tendo
Fozzie
Napier
Harmer
Amir
Masters

Was very tempted to have Zampa (who coincidently has signed for another season today) as the spinner as I don't think Harmer is very good in t20 aside from the final stages of this season where spin friendly pitches helped him a lot. He does have a tendency to get smashed about a bit. If I brought in Zampa I'd have to scrap Amir though so This is my final 11 for t20.

Been thinking about this today and I can't argue with your team at all @Shrimpers are Magic .

The latter half of the decade would house pretty much any player, so it's a case of juggling who to leave out of the 2017 or 2019 title winning side and who to fit in their place.

Can't really argue with your reasoning. Think I'd pick the same team as you for the championship. If it were T20 think I'd use both the overseas slots and line up:

Ryder
Chopra
Westley
Ravi
Lawrence
Tendo
Fozzie
Napier
Harmer
Amir
Masters

Was very tempted to have Zampa (who coincidently has signed for another season today) as the spinner as I don't think Harmer is very good in t20 aside from the final stages of this season where spin friendly pitches helped him a lot. He does have a tendency to get smashed about a bit. If I brought in Zampa I'd have to scrap Amir though so This is my final 11 for t20.

Good shout on Amir

Back