• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex v Derbys

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Well Ravi's doing his push for an England place no harm at all.

I'm guessing that having lost the toss and been put in, 250 would be a reasonable score. Anyone know why Fozzie's not playing ??

Essex 157/5 (46.0 ov)
Derbyshire
Derbyshire won the toss and elected to field first

Tea

Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR
RS Bopara (rhb) 75 81 14 1 92.59 not out
JD Middlebrook (rhb) 11 50 1 0 22.00 not out

Last edited:
I'd like this Wheater fella to get runs just to put pressure on Fozzie, and of course because we need them. The fall of wickets today looks disappointing, with Cook's concentrating perhaps waining after the run-out of Westley (both fell at our score being 56), and then Pettini and RtD failing. From 76-5 250 would be great.

Shame that Gallian, Petts and RtD mustered just 9 between them.

2 bowled, 2 caught by the W/K and an LBW would suggest that it's moving about a bit, so 250 would probably be a decent score.

I think Wheater's only 18 so be interesting to see how he gets on.

2 bowled, 2 caught by the W/K and an LBW would suggest that it's moving about a bit, so 250 would probably be a decent score.

I think Wheater's only 18 so be interesting to see how he gets on.

Indeed, no catches from fielders does suggest that. Normally you get 3-4 players having taken a catch, so the scorecard and the weather suggests it's not easy to bat.

Will be pleased if we get 250. I reckon 230 though. All depends on Ravi.

Another ton for Ravi :clap:

Middlebrook (23) helped add 105 for the 6th wicket and now young Wheater has contributed 12 out of an unbroken 33 partnership

Current score 214-6

I predict a wagging tale and a score of 320

My 230 looks very below-par, which is nice. We'll miss Ravi when England play ODI's this summer, that's for sure. I feel Gallian's addition, letting Pettini down the order, makes us look a strong batting line-up again after last year's frailties.

Imagine adding Irani and Andy Flower back into this lot. We'd be brilliant.

I heard something about Foster having a sore finger on Sunday, but Wheater wasn't in the XII.

Sadly Wheater has just been caught hooking.

Great stuff from Bopara, other than one aberration in the one-dayers, when he was out for 99, he's reached three figures every innings so far this season for Essex.

Indeed, no catches from fielders does suggest that. Normally you get 3-4 players having taken a catch, so the scorecard and the weather suggests it's not easy to bat.

Will be pleased if we get 250. I reckon 230 though. All depends on Ravi.

I'd expect a few catches in the slips if it was moving all over the shop.

Derby is traditional a ground which does a fair bit. Its a good game to have Nel rather than Kaneria for. I tipped Derby for promotion, but they seem to be missing a few players - I think a few of their signings were rejected because they'd played in the rebel league.

269/9 at stumps. Ravi still there 136*, having scored half of Essex's runs from no.4.

I hope the fact only Ravi found his feet on this wicket suggests that he's in fact played a blinder, rather than everyone else under-achieving.

Could do with a wicket or two just before the close if we are going to force a result against the weather.

Even the golden arm of Ravi Bopara didn't bring about a wicket (although he did pick up what was apparently a very sharp catch at 3rd slip).

Back