• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex v Gloucs

need to try and stop this partnership of North and Gidman who are doing well at moment with latest score 130-3

Chopra and Gallian have added 58 in 21 overs for the first wicket, so nice and steady so far ... i notice its a full strength side too, i believe it was debated the other day that we'd rest a few with half an eye on Saturday

good day for essex and a game i feel we need to win if promotion is to contested.

Chopra and Gallian have added 58 in 21 overs for the first wicket, so nice and steady so far ... i notice its a full strength side too, i believe it was debated the other day that we'd rest a few with half an eye on Saturday

Hoorah!

We're taking the most important contest seriously.

Hoorah!

We're taking the most important contest seriously.

So it seems ... moving forward to Saturday and i wonder what the side will be, i would go with the one that is playing in this match, except Chambers in for the pointless loanee (who can't play on Saturday anyway) and Flower for Chopra ... i stand by my choice of Gallian over Cook

I don't think i've missed anyone out have i ???

Pettini
Gallian
Napier
Bopara
Flower
Foster
Doeschate
Middlebrook
Masters
Chambers
Kaneria

So it seems ... moving forward to Saturday and i wonder what the side will be, i would go with the one that is playing in this match, except Chambers in for the pointless loanee (who can't play on Saturday anyway) and Flower for Chopra ... i stand by my choice of Gallian over Cook

I don't think i've missed anyone out have i ???

Pettini
Gallian
Napier
Bopara
Flower
Foster
Doeschate
Middlebrook
Masters
Chambers
Kaneria

Bopara opening was pretty effective in the last game and think may help take advantage of the first few overs. Certainly I remember our last time in the semi finals this was one thing we struggled to do (Broad bowled magnificently though). Other than that, think that will be pretty much the team. Cook has been ruled out of playing by England and told to rest, as has Strauss.

I'd go with:

Gallian
Bopara
Napier
Pettini
Flower
Foster
RtD
Middlebrook
Masters
Chambers
Danny

Pity that Cooky cant play on Saturday! Would have been a real bonus to have him and Ravi open!

Kev

The General said:
I'd go with:

Gallian
Bopara
Napier
Pettini
Flower
Foster
RtD
Middlebrook
Masters
Chambers
Danny

Pity that Cooky cant play on Saturday! Would have been a real bonus to have him and Ravi open!

Kev

Swap Pettini and Bopara around and you're pretty much spot on, unless they decide to bring Chopra in for Gallian

My team for Saturday:

Gallian
Pettini
Bopara
Napier
Foster
RTD
Flower
Middlebrook
Master
Chambers
Kaneria

Im not to sure if RTD should go before Foster but apart from that i would play this team

Last edited:
My team for Saturday:

Gallian
Pettini
Bopara
Napier
Foster
RTD
Flower
Middlebrook
Master
Chambers
Kaneria

Im not to sure if RTD should go before Foster but apart from that i would play this team

If RTD carries on like he did on Sunday then he should be in above Napes !!!!!!!!!

Back