• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex v Lancs

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Essex 41 - 2 off 12.5 overs

Jefferson out for 0 3rd ball
Irani out for 7

G Flower 21 not
A Flower 4 not

Interestingly we've played both spinners (Middlebrook and Phillips)

Reading through the forum and a few expected both spinners to play so it wasn't really a surpise. Did we win or lose the toss!?

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 17 2005,11:39)]Reading through the forum and a few expected both spinners to play so it wasn't really a surpise. Did we win or lose the toss!?

Kev
What forum Kev ?

Lancs won the toss...

In contrast Lancashire line-up with 5 seamers and no front-line spin option, although Brad Hodge bowls some off-spin.

I'm not convinced this is Essex's strongest line-up. I'd say that both Adams and Napier are better one day players than four day players, yet neither make the team. Whilst I may think his signing was a bad idea, Grant Flower offers a very respectable SLA option in one-day cricket - do we really need both him and Phillips in the team?

I think Essex's strongest one-day team is probably

1. Jefferson
2. Irani
3. G. Flower
4. Pettini
5. A. Flower
6. Bopara
7. Foster
8. Napier
9. Adams
10. Tudor
11. Gough

In fact if Andy Flower kept it would arguably be even stronger.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 17 2005,12:02)]In contrast Lancashire line-up with 5 seamers and no front-line spin option, although Brad Hodge bowls some off-spin.
Apart from Murali obviously...
tounge.gif

Sod it, now 66-4 off 20.2 overs both Flower's out
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 17 2005,12:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 17 2005,12:02)]In contrast Lancashire line-up with 5 seamers and no front-line spin option, although Brad Hodge bowls some off-spin.
Apart from Murali obviously...
tounge.gif

Sod it, now 66-4 off 20.2 overs both Flower's out
down.gif
How did I miss Murali out? Must be wishful thinking. As we're now through to the all-rounders, Murali's going to have some fun if he gets a chance to bowl.

According to cricinfo, Crook bowls OB. I was under the impession he bowled right-arm fast-medium, so it appears when I said Lancs had an all seam-attack I was only 3/5s right
rock.gif

149-7 and collapsing to Lancs is bringing back painful memories......

179 - 7 with 15 balls to go.

Murali's figures 10-0-49-1 which doesn't augur too well for our 3 pronged spin attack.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 17 2005,15:07)]Oh dear.  I fear we are on for a dreadful hiding...

Essex 195-7
Lancs 40-0 off 7 overs...

down.gif
Maybe not.....

Lancs 56-2, Tudor has picked up both Loye and Law, a couple more wickets including Freddie could make this interesting...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 17 2005,17:49)]We've been Freddied
Yep - absolutely bloody thumped.

Oh well, in the ying-yang Karma stakes, surely SUFC is now overdue a win...

Yours, clutching at straws,

sad.gif

Matt

thanks to no one posting scores i now have to go to the official scoreboard..

he was due some runs.

Back