• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex v Somerset

MrB

Life President
Must win game in terms of promotion with Worcestershire in good form. Essex hit 252 yesterday which on the Garons wicket isn't too bad. Somerset 93-7 in reply, if we can get rid of the rest quickly and rattle up a decent second innings total we should be ok assuming the weather doesn't interfere.

121-9. Don't think I'll be catching any cricket before the Stoke game then.

Amazingly the 7th wicket revival never happened for once.

Would be funny if their opener carries his bat for 37.

Grant Flower is in 20:20 mode. 10 off 14, is that some kind of record for him?

You can normally add a 0 to the latter number!

He's still there though, Pettini's gone so 56/1. Going to have a sizeable lead going into Day 3.

Signal of intent from Flower A I think!

Batsmen R B 4s 6s SR
A Flower (lhb) 15 8 3 0 187.50 not out
RS Bopara (rhb) 15 35 0 0 42.85 not out

111/2, 230 run lead.

Have Somerset given up in the face of probably having to chase a massive total, or has the pitch just flattened?

Essex 279-6

Westfield, who didn't bowl in the first innings and was promoted up to no. 6, out for 25. I'm guessing he was picked for his bowling rather than his batting and was jsut in as nightw&tchman last night. Anyhow, thats now something like 17 Essex players out of 19 with an average of over 20 this season!

Anyone want to guess who the two are who average less than 20?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 04 2006,12:30)]Essex 279-6

Westfield, who didn't bowl in the first innings and was promoted up to no. 6, out for 25. I'm guessing he was picked for his bowling rather than his batting and was jsut in as nightw&tchman last night. Anyhow, thats now something like 17 Essex players out of 19 with an average of over 20 this season!

Anyone want to guess who the two are who average less than 20?
GWF must be one
smile.gif

352-7 at lunch, a lead of 471.

Phillips 29*, Foster 22*

No, not my favourite Grant Flower.

I think one was Jahid Ahmed, but the second one was poor Will Jefferson who I think has only scored 5 runs in the CC this year!

Think he should be playing ahead of Grant Flower, especially when we've got both Phillips and Middlebrook in the team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 04 2006,15:03)]No, not my favourite Grant Flower.

I think one was Jahid Ahmed, but the second one was poor Will Jefferson who I think has only scored 5 runs in the CC this year!

Think he should be playing ahead of Grant Flower, especially when we've got both Phillips and Middlebrook in the team.
Agree that Jefferson should be ahead of G Flower, unfortunately he has had injury problems, and only returned recently in the 20/20.

Varun Chopra & Mark Pettini have pushed their way in front of Jefferson this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 03 2006,14:29)]Don't think I'll be catching any cricket before the Stoke game then.
As it stands you could be there for the main event!

Back