• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Well, here's hoping we do better than we did against Northamptonshire, in which we were extremely fortunate to snatch a draw...

The start of play was delayed by rain, but they got underway at 1.40 pm. Worcestershire won the toss and elected to field; Essex are making stately progress, reaching 29/0 off 11 overs.

We've gone for a very seam-ish attack: Cowan, Gough, Palladino and Steyn are all in the line-up...Turning of fingers and wrists will be down pretty much entirely to Middlebrook.

Everyone's favourite Kolpaker isn't featuring; but just so Cousin Weir isn't too disappointed, everyone's second favourite Kolpaker (Steyn) is there...

oops.gif

Matt

b******s. No sooner do I type that, and Big Will has gone and got himself out cheaply again for 18. Essex now 30/1.

Jefferson's struggling a bit at the mo, isn't he...?

sad.gif

Bopara is out as well. 53-2.

Not sure if Jefferson is out of form or not. Worc won the toss and put Essex in, so Kabir Ali and Chaminder Vaas were probably moving it all over the shop.

Looks like our bowling line-up is suffering a few injuries with no Tudor (is he injured?), Andre Adams (shoulder), Graham Napier (heel) or even Andy Clarke (ankle). Apparently we had some 17yo kid called Mervyn Westfield in the squad - anyone know anything about him?

ps Think Steyn is a boda fide overseas player - not that I agree with using the ECB grant to educate promising young Saffers.

63/3 now... Flower out for 4. Thank heavens for young Cook.

sad.gif

Tudor has gone to Gerrmany for an operation on his knee or his ankle, I think...? Don't know why the others are all crocked...

rock.gif

Matt

79-4 Cook out for 30 odd

Bad toss to lose (as was last weeks as Northampton), I concur with HKB, and would guess it's going sideways as the wickets have been bowled, LBW and Caught Hick (2)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 20 2005,14:59)]Apparently we had some 17yo kid called Mervyn Westfield in the squad - anyone know anything about him?
Mervyn Westfield plays his club cricket at Wanstead, last season his figures in the Premier League were 72.4 - 16 - 240 - 10 (I'll leave you to work out the average  
wink.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 20 2005,15:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 20 2005,14:59)]Apparently we had some 17yo kid called Mervyn Westfield in the squad - anyone know anything about him?
Mervyn Westfield plays his club cricket at Wanstead, last season his figures in the Premier League were 72.4 - 16 - 240 - 10 (I'll leave you to work out the average  
wink.gif
)
Assuming thats overs - maidens - runs - wickets (in that order!) thats nothing to suggest he's ready for county cricket - but I suppose he was only 16 years old last year!

BB do you reckon he's a good prospect?

ps 136-5. Irani is at least still there with 42no at nearly a run a ball.

And I hear we were lucky to get away with that much. Apparently Worcestershire missed a whole host of chances, included four dropped catches in as many overs!

Still, at least we got a batting point this time....:(

They are cruising, I'm afraid... Hicky has been spanking us all over the park. Now 142-2 - 25 runs to win, with 8 wickets in hand and 2 sessions to go.

That's the first defeat of the season...

sad.gif

Let's hope the sporting ying-yang thing works, and that the Shrimpers' avenge Essex's defeat today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 20 2005,16:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 20 2005,15:35)]
[b said:
wink.gif
)
Assuming thats overs - maidens - runs - wickets (in that order!) thats nothing to suggest he's ready for county cricket - but I suppose he was only 16 years old last year!

BB do you reckon he's a good prospect?

ps 136-5. Irani is at least still there with 42no at nearly a run a ball.
HKB,

Yes, that is the correct order, and there will be a huge step up from Essex Premier League to CC Div 2. I haven't played against Wanstead in years, but our 1st team are due to play against them in the next couple of weeks, so I'll get a report then.

Back