• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Estate agent recommendations?

One thing I will add about Benfleet at the moment, is that the Council have their "Local Plan" which is causing a lot of unrest as it involves developing about 59 sites, including some very large ones at Jotmans, Daws Heath, The Chase and Glebelands. There will be practically no green belt left other than the ancient woodlands and national parks.

The former leader of CPBC has been forced to resign amongst rumours of backhanders, and there are rumours that the Government may be stepping in to overhaul the corruption which has been going on for years with a variety of alleged backhanders for councillors. So, just do your research and read searches thoroughly. https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/lo...rt-castle-point-leader-norman-smith-released/
59 sites sounds great for people in the area trying to buy a home.

59 sites sounds great for people in the area trying to buy a home.
You would think. However, these will largely be snapped up by people moving out of London and by landlords.

They keep promising affordable housing and just build token stuff - suggest going to have a look at Ashcroft Place and Solby Wood next time you're down. Solby was supposed to be affordable and I don't think there was anything there under £450k. Ashcroft has a mix of housing but little that is "affordable."

Seems the aim is to make the A13 a corridor of blocks of flats with several already on Bread and Cheese hill and more planned, and several of the former car salesrooms in Hadleigh being converted. That's the Council's efforts for affordable housing but again, many being snapped up by landlords.

The market is mental down here - two weekends again, we listed 11 properties at the end of the week and had 26 offers and sold 7 of them over that weekend. Three of the others have also now gone and I think they all went on or above asking price.

I've just bought a flat for the first time in Leigh (well, in the process of going through).

The Estate Agent is Home along Leigh Boadway and they have been very friendly and helpful so far.

Back