• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EU Army

Whats people thoughts on this so called Euro Army if we stay in EU??

From my postion i see it be a bloody shambles as only 3 countries in Europe have decent standing Armies....:unsure:

Whats people thoughts on this so called Euro Army if we stay in EU??

From my postion i see it be a bloody shambles as only 3 countries in Europe have decent standing Armies....:unsure:

And you have done some extensive research on the subject? Perhaps you could provide you workings, links to evidence, all that sort of stuff to back up your claim.

And you have done some extensive research on the subject? Perhaps you could provide you workings, links to evidence, all that sort of stuff to back up your claim.

Perhaps you could do the same, if you think the claim is flawed or incorrect?

I see little point in a EU Armed Forces. That's what NATO is for. Anyway, what use is a French tank with 5 reverse gears.

I see little point in a EU Armed Forces. That's what NATO is for. Anyway, what use is a French tank with 5 reverse gears.

Cheeky! A British General (or someone) compared the French defence of Dunkirk to the last stand of the Spartans.
They lost 290,000 in that battle (we lost 68,000 and the germans nearly 30,000) as battles go, this was a biggie.

Of the 28 member states of the EU only 22 are members of NATO.

And France is NOT, and has never been a FULL NATO member!- "not a lot of people know that".
Another thing, Greece has twice as many modern Leopard battle tanks as France and UK combined; AND German business deal makers and Greek defense people have been convicted of bribery in the 5 BILLION euro scandal that gave Greece the debt and Germany the work and exports.

And France is NOT, and has never been a FULL NATO member!- "not a lot of people know that".
Another thing, Greece has twice as many modern Leopard battle tanks as France and UK combined; AND German business deal makers and Greek defense people have been convicted of bribery in the 5 BILLION euro scandal that gave Greece the debt and Germany the work and exports.

I would imagine that's because they're not too happy with the US running the show.

Interestingly, they are one of the main advocates of an EU army (along with Germany).

I would imagine that's because they're not too happy with the US running the show.

Interestingly, they are one of the main advocates of an EU army (along with Germany).

And both are major arms suppliers to the rest of Europe AND, in the case of France (and Germany) some corrupt deals to sell their arms around Africa, South America and Middle East. I wonder who wants the major defense contracts for the EU Army?

Pretty sure they were an original member, but left in 1966 under de Gaulle. They pretty much rejoined in 2009, though I believe they still maintain their nuclear deterrent as independent of NATO

Pretty sure they were an original member, but left in 1966 under de Gaulle. They pretty much rejoined in 2009, though I believe they still maintain their nuclear deterrent as independent of NATO

That is the point, they don't mind having part of the treaty BUT are not fully in; always siting their independence and special deals with countries in Africa and especially Serbia.
If you are interested check out the cost and operational history of their Charles De Gaulle aircraft carrier! - and we, in the UK think our modern carriers are costly.

As long as the UK has you and ricey in their corner then the EU barmy army can feck off.
Plus us French dont want you binge drinkers and cheese haters.

Back