• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

smudgster

Coach
Anyone got any fancies for upcoming feast of football ?

For what its worth heres my fancies.

For the outright ive got to go for germany, hardly ever impressive but somehow allways seem to be thereabouts. Playing in Austria is virtually a home match for the men from the bundesliga.

Group B should hold no terrors, Poland, croatia, and austria are all ok on their day but the germans should easily progress.

If successfull in the group they face the runners up from Portugal, czech rep, Switzerland and Austria in group A. Again not the most daunting of prospects.

Get on the 4/1 freely available at most bookies.

Another bet that intrests me is Russia in group D. matched up with Spain (perenial under achievers) Sweden (ageing and in decline) and Greece (lots of internal squabbling)

Dont get me wrong the Ruskies are no Brazil, but they are an emerging force (one of their league teams winning the UEFA cup this season) and are very much a team.

With ifs and buts against the others, 5/1 to win group D seems a value bet.

Finally for the golden boot, get on Miroslav Klose. Top scorer with 5 goals for the Germans in the 2002 world cup. Won the golden boot at the 2006 world cup again netting 5 times.

Found the onion bag 5 times in the 2008 qualifying and twice in warm up matches for the tournament recently.

11/1 at Corals seems a big price, and barring injury seems sure to give you a run for your money.

Not sure about the odds but I think Croatia are a good outside bet but unfortunately I think this has Italy written all over it.

Not sure about the odds but I think Croatia are a good outside bet but unfortunately I think this has Italy written all over it.

I think some people are tipping Croatia purely because of their performances against England but people seem to forget it was a very poor and unorganized England.

I am gonna go with the underachieving Spaniards who are 5/1 with Ladbrokes and top goal scorer being David Villa who is 28/1 or as an outside tip, Benzema who is a massive 50/1. That young man is sh!t hot and will get a big move in the next year IMO

still waiting for Sporting Index to annonce their markets, but I lost a few quid buying the total goal yardage in the 06 world cup so will probably have another go at that. Maybe bung in a couple of how Many goalkeepers punch the ball to make the games more interesting.

Gonna do Portugal to win it with Ronaldo as top scorer and POTT , should be a nice return .

I have entered the trust one and have gone for Spain/portugal final, with Italy & Croatia losing in the semi's.

i've gone for a few bets. Spain 6/1, Czech Rep 12/1 to win the tournament. I've got Torres 10/1 and podolski 14/1 as top scorers all with BETFRED.

I'm going with Germany to win it. Good, solid side and they can't meet France/Italy/Holland/Spain until the Final.

Turkey are my darkest of dark horses. They've got a lad called Nihat up front who could be the surprise hit of the tournament.

I think Miroslav Klose is a really good shout for top goalscorer. He won me some money in 2006 and he should clean up against Poland and Austria. If you fancy a longer shout, go for Mario Gomez who is essentially Alan Shearer circa 1994, and could go supernova here.

Incidentally, I should point out that, in Singapore, I'm notorious for getting football predictions wrong.

I decided I'll be rooting for Romania in the tournament, so I decided to put a small bet ($4) on them at 50/1 odds. I also got $5 on Luca Toni as top goalscorer at 12/1. If you can't tell by the amounts I bet, I'm not much of a betting man, just doing it for a bit of fun.

Still deciding who to back out of Portugal, Spain and Germany.

As for top scorer, Podolski won me a few quid after an each way bet before the 2006 World Cup so will probably back him again. As others have said Germany have a few easier games in the early stages and i reckon they could rack up a few goals.

Party Bets are going 3/5 that there are no hat-tricks scored in the tournament. An absolutely cracking price. However, at those odds you need to have a bit of a lump on and I can't get a decent bet on with that mob :madman:

Klose at 11/1 stands out like a sore thumb to me. The Krauts in a poor group, he should bang in a few!

I'm going with Germany to win it. Good, solid side and they can't meet France/Italy/Holland/Spain until the Final.

Turkey are my darkest of dark horses. They've got a lad called Nihat up front who could be the surprise hit of the tournament.

I think Miroslav Klose is a really good shout for top goalscorer. He won me some money in 2006 and he should clean up against Poland and Austria. If you fancy a longer shout, go for Mario Gomez who is essentially Alan Shearer circa 1994, and could go supernova here.

Incidentally, I should point out that, in Singapore, I'm notorious for getting football predictions wrong.

Backed Turkey in the 2002 World Cup at 100/1 - got to the Semi-Finals, great ride while it lasted.

Croatia or Czech Republic for me at relatively decent odds.

Markets are out, how about these:

Penalties scored – includes shootouts and e/t buy @ 19
Missed Pens – includes shootouts and e/t buy @ 5.5
Keepers punching the ball – Fist must be clenched sell @ 49
90 mins only
Total Red Cards – 90 mins only buy @ 7.5
Disallowed goals sell @ 14

I have portugal and turkey to make it out of group A @ 9/1

Czechs to go out in the group stage @ 11/10

France to go out in the group stage @ 6/4

Italy to win @ 7/1

Back