• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
We don't really have a dedicated thread so with it around the corner I thought I would start this.

Only starting due to the news Jordan Henderson is out for the season and doubtful for the euros.

We don't really have a dedicated thread so with it around the corner I thought I would start this.

Only starting due to the news Jordan Henderson is out for the season and doubtful for the euros.

Would Roy have picked him? I genuinely don't know because I don't really study these things that closely. However, assuming he would have done, could Wilshere be a contender now he's over his latest injury?

Would Roy have picked him? I genuinely don't know because I don't really study these things that closely. However, assuming he would have done, could Wilshere be a contender now he's over his latest injury?

Henderson, if fit, would have been a stick-on to make the squad at the very least. I guess this is decent news for Wilshere, but I'm sure he'll pick up another injury soon enough...

Rooney still reckons he's up to it according to his interview on Football Focus.Pundits seem to reckon he'd be better as a number 10 behind Kane and Vardy though.

Kane should start upfront 100% presuming we go with 1 up top which I think we will. Vardy could play wide of 3 behind him with potato head and Sterling/Lallana/whoever.

Trying to get our starting line up right is so difficult. Assuming Welbeck is out I'd go for this

Hart
Clyne Smalling Cahill Rose
Dier Wilshere
Alli Rooney Vardy
Kane

I think Roy will go for:

Hart
Clyne Smalling Cahill Rose
Alli Dier Henderson
Lallana Rooney Kane

Vardy can't play in any other position than as an out-and-out striker. As good as he's been this season, Vardy's place in the squad is either alongside Kane in a 4-4-2, or as Kane's understudy.

Welbeck's injury, Sterling's complete absence of form and Walcott going Full Walcott would lead me to think that we might just start the tournament using a diamond, opening up the potential for Vardy and Kane to be up top and Rooney at the tip of the midfield. Dier at the base, Alli and Henderson in the middle.

I agree it's hard to pick a starting eleven and formation at the moment. I think we have to play two up front with Vardy and Kane's form (I'm old school and prefer two up front anyway), and as ESB says with Sterling's poor season we are struggling for out and out wingers. Based on who is currently fit I would probably go with something like this:

Hart
Walker - Smalling - Cahill - Rose
Lallana - Alli - Drinkwater - Milner
Vardy - Kane

The squad's announced on Thursday, although apparently it was leaked online yesterday. Don't think there'll be any surprises anyway, Hodgson is pretty predictable and tends to stick with the players used during qualification rather than going on club form. I think the three Everton players (Jagielka, Stones, even Barkley) could consider themselves lucky to be included.

I agree it's hard to pick a starting eleven and formation at the moment. I think we have to play two up front with Vardy and Kane's form (I'm old school and prefer two up front anyway), and as ESB says with Sterling's poor season we are struggling for out and out wingers. Based on who is currently fit I would probably go with something like this:

Hart
Walker - Smalling - Cahill - Rose
Lallana - Alli - Drinkwater - Milner
Vardy - Kane

The squad's announced on Thursday, although apparently it was leaked online yesterday. Don't think there'll be any surprises anyway, Hodgson is pretty predictable and tends to stick with the players used during qualification rather than going on club form. I think the three Everton players (Jagielka, Stones, even Barkley) could consider themselves lucky to be included.

Must say the one player who has impressed me this season is ....;....... Milner. He has been far and away Liverpool's best and most creative player and is sitting top of the premier league 2016 stats for assists.

Welbeck is a huge miss.

I'm concerned by the number of midfielders going into this with injuries.

Must say the one player who has impressed me this season is ....;....... Milner. He has been far and away Liverpool's best and most creative player and is sitting top of the premier league 2016 stats for assists.

It's true. Milner's balls are amazing.

Milner gets a lot of stick from people who don't appreciate what he brings to a team, but there's a reason why he's been playing consistently at the top level for so many years and why so many managers like him. He's been excellently lately under Klopp, and I can't think of any better crossers of the ball in the squad. He also adds some valuable experience to what is quite a young team.

Milner gets a lot of stick from people who don't appreciate what he brings to a team, but there's a reason why he's been playing consistently at the top level for so many years and why so many managers like him. He's been excellently lately under Klopp, and I can't think of any better crossers of the ball in the squad. He also adds some valuable experience to what is quite a young team.

Good crosser at the same time the worst corner taker, very odd. Never known someone to not clear the first man as much as him.

Jack Wilshere has only made 2 sub appearances this season. Can we really justify having him in the squad?

Jack Wilshere has only made 2 sub appearances this season. Can we really justify having him in the squad?

I think he'll start. At least he'll be fresh.

Welbeck out for nine months is confirmed. That's a huge blow for England and for him personally. I think it probably does make it more likely we see Kane and Vardy up front together. As ESB said, Vardy needs to play through the middle and I'd feared we'd see him shoe-horned in out wide.

I get ya point mate but he is so good. He plays the game in a way that no one else does. He has had a few warm up games prior to PL return, another arsenal game coming up plus three England warm up games....I would take him 100 per cent.

Back