• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
Can I ask those in the know - I've got to pay the balance of my holiday villa and they want the payment in Euro's...now the £ to € rate I believe is very good at the moment....but how do the money men of SZ think it's going to go, especially with the Greece thing going on.

Should I cough up now, or should I hold fire a bit to get more bang for my buck? (and a few extra icecreams for MK Jnr).

Ta!

Saw the commercial rate at 1.40 today. Go back a year or so and it was probably around 1.18-1.20

Could go either way MK but if I was you I would take 1.40 ish and be happy with it, bearing in mind how quickly it can drop.

We just returned from Spain,euro in meltdown which is all good as 200 fags now cost £28:smile::smile::smile:

This is a good holiday money site: https://www.bestforeignexchange.com/ and they are showing 1.3896 currently. Might improve slightly in your favour tomorrow, but on Thursday there could be a big reverse.

How much are you looking to exchange? Unless it's 000's it's hardly likely to ruin your holiday...

However, nobody likes paying over the odds, so I would say get it quick.

This is a good holiday money site: https://www.bestforeignexchange.com/ and they are showing 1.3896 currently. Might improve slightly in your favour tomorrow, but on Thursday there could be a big reverse.

How much are you looking to exchange? Unless it's 000's it's hardly likely to ruin your holiday...

However, nobody likes paying over the odds, so I would say get it quick.

Not a lot, few 100 quid. I'll probably do it today when I get home.

If u work in London use the exchanges at either cannon street or the little place near liv street in the small market type place , anything above 1.37 is decent IMO , that's who we use and I work in that industry , anything above 2 grand they will come to your place of work making it easier .

You'll probably earn more by keeping it in your bank account until the last minute and collecting the interest than in trying to time the market.

I previously worked in a currency exchange and the general rule was that if you're changing less than £1k then don't even ask what the rate is.

Today for example. Spot rate at close was 1.41. City sole trader exchanges would take off 250 points so that'd be 1.385. (1385 EUR). Tesco will take off 400 points (1370 EUR). So unless you're in the city soon (http://tefx.co.uk/) then the Tesco is probably your best bet.

Back