• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Europa League 2

should have kept 3 cups anywy.
Like it when it was..Euro champs cup,EUFA cup and cup winners cup.
Also its better when-if they go straight to knock out games

should have kept 3 cups anywy.
Like it when it was..Euro champs cup,EUFA cup and cup winners cup.
Also its better when-if they go straight to knock out games

The champions league needed to happen IMO, the old Champions cup was purely for champions, so you had 4 or 5 good sides and the rest were the champions of Norway, Denmark, Bulgaria etc. Sides that don't make the cut for the champions league. A lot of people regarded the UEFA cup as a harder competition to win as you had 2 or 3 teams each from the top European leagues. If you win the league you should be involved in the best competition.
I think the champions league has been a massive success, the governing bodies don't get a lot right but credit is due here.
As for the Europa league 2, as long as the financial rewards are enough to cover the expense of playing in Europe (plus a bit more) then I think it's a great idea.

Got nowt against the champ league,but like it more when it gets to the knock out stage.
Sadly,looks like we may be struggling again.
Always watch the English teams in both cups,want us to win both cups.
IMO, Man City wont win it this year or next,hope im wrong.My tip was before(English team),Liverpool,may still get through.
Spurs might play Barcas 2nd team,that will help.
Man U ,will do what they do often,get through to the knock out stage,then get knocked out.
But good luck to all our teams in both cups.
But yes,the Europa cup "2",im for it,if its only say the cup winners

In my European club football competitions should only contain the cream. This competition that'll pit the likes of Crystal Palace vs (enter a middling Eastern European team here) is about as appealing as a barium enema.

Still, I couldn't give a **** about the current European competitions so what do I know eh?

I'd be more in favour of this if it was just smaller nations getting a European Cup they actually have a chance of going far in, sort of like the lower divisions in the Nations League. Having a few mediocre teams from the big leagues defeats the purpose somewhat.

Maybe if the Champion's League was for the champions (obviously) and the FA Cup (or equivalent) winners, maybe the appeal would be greater for the FA cup than of recent years.

Got nowt against the champ league,but like it more when it gets to the knock out stage.
Sadly,looks like we may be struggling again.
Always watch the English teams in both cups,want us to win both cups.
IMO, Man City wont win it this year or next,hope im wrong.My tip was before(English team),Liverpool,may still get through.
Spurs might play Barcas 2nd team,that will help.
Man U ,will do what they do often,get through to the knock out stage,then get knocked out.
But good luck to all our teams in both cups.
But yes,the Europa cup "2",im for it,if its only say the cup winners

As the late ,great Johan Cruyff used to say "watching the champions league group stage games before the knock out phase was like drinking decaffinated coffee."

I'd be more in favour of this if it was just smaller nations getting a European Cup they actually have a chance of going far in, sort of like the lower divisions in the Nations League. Having a few mediocre teams from the big leagues defeats the purpose somewhat.

Checkatrade Champions Trophy?

Back