• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

European Football

Shrimper95

Coach⭐
I was just wondering people's thoughts on the state of football in England compared to the state of football in other countries such as Spain and Italy. Who's league is better? Who plays better football? Who's is in a better financial state?

Thoughts please. :thumbsup:

I've heard so many people say how bad the Spanish league is, barring the top 2. Absolute rubbish if you ask me. It's a good league with 2 outstanding teams in it. Just because you win the league by a huge margin doesn't make the league a poor one, it just shows how good the top two are.

I reckon if Madrid or Barca were in the prem, they would still be the top two by a considerable distance

I've heard so many people say how bad the Spanish league is, barring the top 2. Absolute rubbish if you ask me. It's a good league with 2 outstanding teams in it. Just because you win the league by a huge margin doesn't make the league a poor one, it just shows how good the top two are.

I reckon if Madrid or Barca were in the prem, they would still be the top two by a considerable distance

Athletic Bilbao wouldn't do so badly either,judging by their performance against Manure in the week.:winking:

Athletic Bilbao wouldn't do so badly either,judging by their performance against Manure in the week.:winking:

Yep and thats my point. They are 30 points behind Madrid, yet outplay and deservedly win against utd, the champs of England

Yep and thats my point. They are 30 points behind Madrid, yet outplay and deservedly win against utd, the champs of England

As someone who sees a lot of Spanish football(as an Espanyol season card holder and I'll be going to the home game tomorrow against Rayo)I'd agree with you.Who knows, Espanyol might even end up in the top 6 this season and claim a UEFA League slot.:dizzy:

5 Spanish teams left in the Champions League and the Europa League and only one English team,Chelsea.What does that tell us about the relative strengths of the Prem. versus La Liga?
By the end of this season Spain will have overtaken the Premier League in the Uefa rankings,that's what.

I'm ****ed off at the way you keep banging on about bloody Spanish football Barna ... if you are that fond why don't you just .. **** .. off ..... and .......... live ... th :unsure:

:sad:

:dunce:

I'm ****ed off at the way you keep banging on about bloody Spanish football Barna ... if you are that fond why don't you just .. **** .. off ..... and .......... live ... th :unsure:

:sad:

:dunce:
I hope to be watching Montpellier tomorrow-currently top of the French League-for my second game at La Mosson this season.Their top scoring centre forward Giroud is likely to be lining up against England in the summer.
Btw,I've got a lot of time for English footy,as long as Southend or Fulham are involved.:smile:
I was interested to see Mark Lawrenson,in last week's Football Focus,suggest that if there was a head to head between the teams in the Prem.and La Liga then the Spanish teams would come out on top.FWIW,I happen to agree wth him(for once).:winking:

I've got a lot of time for English football, as long as Southend or Fulham are involved.:smile:

I've removed that horrendous word footy and added a pause before replying :winking:

You wouldn't have had "a lot of time" for us yesterday after that insipid display (lucky to nought is an overused expression but perfectly applicable here)

Spot the difference ... (these are the last 3 matches i've been to)

SUFC v Aldersh!t
SUFC v Cheltenham
Bengal Slumtown v SUFC

I've removed that horrendous word footy and added a pause before replying :winking:

You wouldn't have had "a lot of time" for us yesterday after that insipid display (lucky to nought is an overused expression but perfectly applicable here)

Spot the difference ... (these are the last 3 matches i've been to)

SUFC v Aldersh!t
SUFC v Cheltenham
Bengal Slumtown v SUFC

You're not gonna discourage me from coming over for the Macclesfield game,though obviously I'll be hoping for a re-run of the Cheltenham game,rather than the other 2 matches.(Incidentally my best mate would have also been at the Bradford game and Shrimpero will be around on Monday).Footy orfootball if youprefer is a very tribal game.

Back