• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros

I'm flicking between Portugal v France and Germany v Hungary. Whoever we play I can't see us getting anything from it. Would prefer to avoid either Portugal or France as they both look very dangerous

Would prefer either Germany or Hungary but can still see us struggling to get past the last 16

I'm flicking between Portugal v France and Germany v Hungary. Whoever we play I can't see us getting anything from it. Would prefer to avoid either Portugal or France as they both look very dangerous

Would prefer either Germany or Hungary but can still see us struggling to get past the last 16

So far we've been tight at the back, but very frugal up front. Sounds like Southend. Despite Germany looking shaky, I think England need to improve to get any further.

Germany it is. Don't think we have anything to fear there, didn't watch their match but they only scraped through. Out of them, Portugal and France, they would've been my preference. At home at Wembley, I fancy our chances.

Agree with MattE about France's penalty. Portugal's second penalty was also dubious. Another game where both teams were happy to draw, though.

Germany don't look good, never mind great. But they are Germany and we are England. There's usually only one winner in that tie. oh crap. C'mon Southgate, time to exorcise those demons

We’ve definitely ended up on the right side of the draw, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium and Portugal all on the other side, whereas we’ve ended up with Germany, Holland, Sweden and Denmark

Last edited:
Much as we don't like Germany (we're at home in front of the fans and if we can't beat them now, then we never will!), and it's tough whichever route, we're definitely on the best side of the draw.

Belgium, France and Italy might be favourites but look what they have to get through! So many "finals that aren't finals" on that side!

Much as we don't like Germany (we're at home in front of the fans and if we can't beat them now, then we never will!), and it's tough whichever route, we're definitely on the best side of the draw.

Belgium, France and Italy might be favourites but look what they have to get through! So many "finals that aren't finals" on that side!

You can't argue we have the best side of the draw. Other than Germany and Holland, I'd fancy us to beat all of the others.

Mark Lawrenson has been doing his usual predictions on the BBC website but they've got 15 other pundits from 5Live to compete against him. Unsurprisingly Lawro is currently in last place.

Wales started off brightly enough but as the game has gone on the Danes have got a stranglehold on Ramsay and the match. Still, all to play for come the second half if the Welsh can find something a bit different, and a goal would help as well.

Wales started off brightly enough but as the game has gone on the Danes have got a stranglehold on Ramsay and the match. Still, all to play for come the second half if the Welsh can find something a bit different, and a goal would help as well.

If you take Bale and Ramsey out of the game, Wales are pretty average.

Only 16k fans in the ground, jesus, looks and sounds like a lot more.

It just shows you how big Wembley is, 22,500 and it looks and sounds like it's one man and his dog in attendance.

You have to give Wales credit for getting this far, but I think their tournament is over unless something devastating happens and the devastating players in the Welsh side are being well marshalled by the Danes.

Back