• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Spain have now had a second player withdraw from their squad because of the virus.CH Llorente.Busquets was the first.There could be more.First game against Sweden on Monday, who've also had a couple of players test positive.The Spanish FA are deciding today whether to vaccinate the squad or not.This could clearly be the story of the 2021 Euros.Hope not.

Last edited:
Spain have now had a seond player withdraw from their squad because of the virus.CH Llorente.Busquets was the first.There could be more.First game against Sweden on Monday, who've also had acouple of players test positive.The Spanish FA are deciding today whether to vaccinate the squad or not.This could clearly be the story of the 2021 Euros.Hope not.

You dont want the squad vaccinated?

By now I should be getting really excited that a major tournament is about to kick off in the UK, sadly I'm not (yet). Maybe the successive seasons of dross from the Blues have affected my footballing appetite.

Scotland seem very confident. Maybe a team to watch? It’s usually us going into these tournaments talking about semi finals or finals.

Scotland seem very confident. Maybe a team to watch? It’s usually us going into these tournaments talking about semi finals or finals.
Dont worry about Scotland they have no chance! I've got them in the sweep so that's double no chance?

It is hard to say this, BUT, I am barely interested in the Euros, very under whelming in it's spread out concept, covid restrictions, plus the overload of tele football: then there is the over paid players, few of whom I know of or about....AND not just the England Premchump "stars".
Should have been dropped;
Like the other football, champs league etc, it is so much about squeezing tele money, sponsors and corporate cucumber sandwich selected personages who are almost the only ones who will get into any games

Difficult to disagree with you….likewise same could be said for the Olympics.
Yes, and with the Olympics there must be scope for more drug cheating as there has been no "in competition" testing, lesser regular dope sampling etc, especially in some more state controlled countries.
Any new records may well be tainted by suspicion.

It is hard to say this, BUT, I am barely interested in the Euros, very under whelming in it's spread out concept, covid restrictions, plus the overload of tele football: then there is the over paid players, few of whom I know of or about....AND not just the England Premchump "stars".
Should have been dropped;
Like the other football, champs league etc, it is so much about squeezing tele money, sponsors and corporate cucumber sandwich selected personages who are almost the only ones who will get into any games

I was reading an article in El Pais earlier about a British guy ,resident in Seville, who'd bought 2X 50 euro tickets for Spain's game against Sweden there on Monday.Only afterwards was he told that he'd have to pay for a 75 PRC test (x 2 presumably) or a 40 euro LFT (ditto) with negative results before he could pick up his tickets.Expensive.

Last edited:
My God, what a cynical lot we have all become (that includes me). Hopefully a good start and performance by England will lift the spirits, and although I am cynical I will definitely be watching England vs Croatia.

A good start and performance will depend on GS’s choice of starting XI, just doubtful he’ll go with an attacking line-up to take the game to Croatia

@Tangled up in Blue , yes, that is part of my post, it is not a tournament for the average blue collar football follower any longer, need a fat wallet to watch games in stadiums.

For Internationals I'd agree but I'm quite happy with the 338 euros I've paid to see all of Espanyol's home liga games next season.Hope SUFC will give their season card holders a decent deal too.

ps Euro news the Spanish FA have announced that ticket holders won't have to pay for PCR/LFT's to get into the stadium on Monday.

Back