• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eurovision 2018

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I think the bookies have the UK entry at 200/1 and sadly this contest is currently being inflicted on me by virtue of the fact that I'm in the lounge. Assuming we will again get hammered by the East European cliques I do wonder whether there should be an award for the most commonly used language by the contestants. If that was the case we would win it every year.

And can someone please tell me (if you can be bothered) when Australia became European? Absolutely baffling.

I see our Uk entry got interrupted by some idiot jumping on stage and snatching her microphone, from what I can gather he was shouting about UK nazi's and freedom??

I think she gets to sing the track again after everyone else is finished.

Just heard she was offered the opportunity to perform again, but she turned it down.

DdBg2wHW0AATiW5.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible security though, especially considering the global TV audience and the fact the guy who invaded the stage was wearing a ruck sack on his back & got close enough to steal the mic out of her hands. He could have easily had a knife or gun, or worse in his rucksack.

Could have been a lot worse, I bet ISIS are kicking themselves right now knowing that in hindsight they missed a golden opportunity on this one.

After 11 voting countries in we are the only one with 0 points.

That's the One!!.... A couple of Shekels short of a Euro in my opinion, but hey ho!...At least I reckon there will be no stage invasions next year!!.. I reckon the Mossad will have it on proper "lock down"...More than Blue on a "Fly by". :smile:

Could have been worse though, the other "European counties" such as Australia or Armenia could have pipped us at the post!! :smile:

God forbid we have to fight off competition from the outer Mongolian Yak farmers if they enter it next year!!

Just a total joke, even our normally staunch allies, the Maltese didn't give us any points! I thought our song was ok this year, some of the utter tripe served up by other countries and yet, which was still marked much higher than us, proves yet again that our participation in this is pointless. Everybody hates us!

Between them, Ireland, Malta and Cyprus are always good for at least 10 points.... A Joke!!

I blame the Ozzies and Brexit!!

Just a total joke, even our normally staunch allies, the Maltese didn't give us any points! I thought our song was ok this year, some of the utter tripe served up by other countries and yet, which was still marked much higher than us, proves yet again that our participation in this is pointless. Everybody hates us!

Here's a tip for next year,don't watch the bigoted ****.

Used to be a good laugh when the late great Terry Wogan used to do the commentary. Now Graham Norton does it he really isn’t funny and ends up laughing at his own jokes. I only ever watched it for Terry!

Christ, it's a ***** song contest. No country in the world can match what we've done musically, not even the States. Most music that comes out of Europe is abysmal. Let them have their 5 minutes, we've gone The Beatles/The Stones/The Sex Pistols/The Stone Roses....etc etc etc.

Christ, it's a ***** song contest. No country in the world can match what we've done musically, not even the States. Most music that comes out of Europe is abysmal. Let them have their 5 minutes, we've gone The Beatles/The Stones/The Sex Pistols/The Stone Roses....etc etc etc.
I think that’s the reason we are not competitive. Our music largely leads the way and when uk acts get big Europe picks it up and then takes it up themselves , once it is mainstream enough to be europe wide we have moved on and we don’t have quality acts playing that sort music.
No one goes on things like the voice or forms a band aiming to sing Europop.

Back