• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eurovision

Rbs_shrimp

Before its said, yes I know its always a pile of rubbish but ive had a subtle change of heart.

The Russian entry was, how can I put this, very easy on the eyes. As for Wogans commentry, quote of the night was just after the french song, "what a load of rubbish".

Cant wait for our song.......:confused:

Before its said, yes I know its always a pile of rubbish but ive had a subtle change of heart.

The Russian entry was, how can I put this, very easy on the eyes. As for Wogans commentry, quote of the night was just after the french song, "what a load of rubbish".

Cant wait for our song.......:confused:

NO! Quote of the night had to be when Poland were casting their votes and he said "I wonder if they will give any votes to Germany" Tut tut Terry but LMFAO!

That was an absolute shambles, just shows its about politics and not the music.

Bl0ody good job it isn't about the music!
I reckon Terry's comment about the contest not being won on the Serbian girl's looks was quality.
Had to agree though, the bint in pink was f****** irritating!
Shame about Timmy Mallet though.

Bl0ody good job it isn't about the music!
I reckon Terry's comment about the contest not being won on the Serbian girl's looks was quality.
Had to agree though, the bint in pink was f****** irritating!
Shame about Timmy Mallet though.

Blatent set up with that ditsy blonde in pink!

Was a ****ing shambles the whole thing.

That bird from Moldova was hot!

This bird, Ricey?

barbuleipis.jpg

I think it's time that Western Europe formed a breakaway contest of it's own just so that the voting isn't a foregone conclusion each year. Leave the Balkans and 'FSSR's to their annual circle-jerk and get the likes of Malta and Norway back in the contest.

It was Pants all that Voting ....Waste of time us being in it although we were Crap anyway.

I think to call the Eurovision Song Contest a "shambles" is somewhat harsh; it is what it is: the coming together of European nations to compete in a song contest and, as an event, it does that very, very well and certainly a long way from being a "shambles". The music might not be to everyone's taste but that's the whole point of the contest, is it not? The many diverse cultures of a new Europe come together to, well, showcase it's selected representative. Now I have to say that if countries like Ukraine and Poland, for so long dwelling in the darkness of Communism, continue produce such enthusiastic fun then good on them. (I don't defend the Ukrainian effort, by the way. It was utter tripe but it made everyone in the bar laugh and I defy anyone who watched the performance and say that they didn't!) Compare that explosive nonsense to the dull, mediocrity of Ireland's offering who finished last with just five points; even the people of the UK didn't think much of it and they give Ireland top marks as a rite of passage!

For me, I liked the Bulgarian entry; Elitsa Todorova has something that very few of the contestants possessed: talent. And I'm a sucker when it comes to performances involving plenty of percussion! I also thought Hayko of Armenia had a great voice but showcased it with the wrong choice of song. And as for the Russian Sugababes; someone in the bar convinced everyone else that they were to rip of their dresses a la Bucks Fizz near the end of their performance and the place went very silent until the very end when it was broken by disappointed murmuring!

The UK entry was about ten years behind the times. When I see them I keep thinking of the Barbie Girl song for some reason! It was a polished performance - perhaps too good for Eurovision - but it needed to be very, very special to break the politicial voting of the competition. At the end of the day, it wasn't.

The winner? To be honest, the song was nothing special but voting in the Eurovision is never about the song or the talent and I think Marija Šerifović virtually secured the entire Balkan vote before she stepped foot in Finland.

By the way, no prizes for guessing which half of Cyprus gave full marks to Greece! If one thing can be changed about Eurovision, it needs to be the voting as it makes a mockery of the competition. I can't see how this can be achieved though. In the old days, a small jury used to mark the acts on behalf of each country; in these modern days of easy technology, it's the populace. Dangerous.

Last edited:
I was wondering ..Is there some rule that says the people have to be semi professional nowadays to enter?

In the days when Lulu etc won we had main stream acts.

Last edited:
The only set rule I know is that the organisers forbid any song being entered which has been previously commercially released or broadcast in public before a certain date relative to the contest in question.

I was wondering ..Is there some rule that says the people have to be semi professional nowadays to enter?

In the days when Cliff etc won we had main stream acts.
Don't think so - Sweden's entry last night (The Ark) are a major label alt. rock band from Malmo. I even have one of their earlier singles :)

And didn't T.A.T.u enter for Russia a couple of years back? I think any country can enter their biggest mainstream pop artists if they can convince them to do it.

Don't think so - Sweden's entry last night (The Ark) are a major label alt. rock band from Malmo. I even have one of their earlier single's

Should you be admitting this here mate :D

Then we should persuade a main line act to take part. I bet it would not make the slightest difference to the voting.....Although as Mike says it is afterall only abit of fun.

Should you be admitting this here mate :D
In my defence, the single I bought wasn't anywhere near as camp as that song they did last night and also, I didn't know what they looked like until yesterday! :eek:

Back